Betta Fish Forum banner

Mustard Gas Betta!

11K views 55 replies 24 participants last post by  Chachi 
#1 ·
Okay.. I think I made up my mind. I want a mustard gas betta. I think they're REALLY cool and if I spot one I just might have to get it.. Despite not having a tank. I would put him somewhere! (obviously if I was out to see him I'd be close enough to a place that sold tanks) Anyway, please share your Mustards with me! :) (* an added bonus for me would be bragging rights to my history society friends at school that I would have a Mustard Gas betta!! LOL it would be a bad WW1 joke.. But if you seen the Hitler jokes from meme base you'd think we were heartless anyway);-)

Anyway, share your mustards and PICS please!!

#2 ·
Haha I do not have a Mustard Gas betta, but I have seen them. Very cool looking, IMO... And I would definitely recommend one if you can find one :) getting a 5 gallon with adjustable heater (even a filter would be nice) would be perfect for your hopefully-new little guy.

#3 ·
There's one store I didn't check yet who always has in fancy fish.. I will not go there even "to look" unless I have stuff for him. As it is, it will take a bit before my stuff comes for Lakitu since I got it online. So, as much as it sucks to wait I wanna do good by Laki first! :D

#4 ·
Very true!! :) All I ever needed for my bettas, was water, a tank, a heater, food variety and tap water conditioner lol. And they love it. I stayed away from plants that had the weird bottoms that they seem to like to try going under.

#5 ·
For plants I just have Moss balls. for now. I checked the PetSmart isle and they were &^%$# OUT of silk plants!!! Can you imagine?!?!? So that will wait another few days. I'll be getting my birthday coupon for Acacia on the 18th (perks of being a petperks member:D ) and I'll go pick some up then ^^

#7 ·
Can go to craft section of a place such as Walmart and get silk plants there.. can use aquarium glue to make them as you like and glue to a small aquarium rock to hold in place. =)

I had a MG in my hand the other day, but put him down over another. He had a light metallic blue body with the edging of his fins a metallic blue, and a very pretty MG coloring inside all of his fins. Couldn't decide between him and another.. I got the other. But if I see him there next time I go later this week, I may get him. =) But I've been searching for a female and I also fell in love with this white one, all white except his tail which was black. Choices!

#6 ·
Hmm I have seen moss balls :) I have one live potted plant. Any fake plants are deeply embedded in gravel LOL!! I have this one large shell, with curled and dulled pointed "spike" ends. My young females keep slipping into the shell as a hiding spot xDD

#8 ·
how-oh-my-what-babble-blurb-leaveitthere?! o.o

lol, I wouldn't leave him there!?!!? but that's me! I just became fascinated to the obsessed point last night, I'm glad I was smart enough to not get the white/blue ones.
I bought craft store plants before, 2 had exposed wire so they adorn my bedroom now and I picked the leaves off the safe one and that's the broad leaves that are in his tank now.. They're not tall they merely provide a bit of cover.

#14 ·
Haha battle of the stores.... Anywho did you know in the pet store here, there were dollar store plants glued prettily to dollar store rocks.. and they were asking 13 dollars for it?!!!! I could make 15 for that price!!! lmao

#17 ·
Hm, don't know. I check google for all that type of thing ;)

Seeing as I bought a new tank today for Lakitu I thought it was okay to maybe give my contact number to the LFS for next time he orders (from Singapore).. I have a MG coming to me!!! :D :D :D :D

*bump* I still wanna see piccies!

#20 ·
lol, Silverfang, The guy from Tropical and Marine Pets. Paul, the one I mentioned. He buys direct from Singapore once a week or so (depends on what he sells) and I mentioned it he said no problem. Just took my name and they'll be best kind when they comes in ^.^ Could be anywheres up to a month though depending on what's available for shipping from Singapore obviously. But yep! He knew and wrote it n his order book!!!

#21 ·
.... I still want to find a mustard gas lmao. I have a male orange mix, a female black with mettalic blue, 4 fluctuating other young females, a Blue/red male, and a greeish yellow, peachy male o_O

Here is who my friend named Voldemort -.-

Attachments

#23 ·
Yea I saw his sad stock today. He said they usually sell quick enough though that he apparantly needs to order every 2 weeks or something! His moss balls are also infested with worms and all his filters are really dirty :( I was a little disappointed. Dude's smart though

#24 ·
I have a violet gas mustard, always changing shades of violet to lavender on me. He is such a cute baby <3

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.