Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-13-2011, 12:31 AM   #11 
zomgchong

I usually only have his tank light on for 1 hour a day max, but the light in my room is on when ever im home. I keep all lights off during the night except a small crack in my closet door cause im too weenie to sleep with all the lights off. Im not really sure if it enought to stress him out? Should i till put a blanket over his tank at night for total darkness?
And i live in texas and havent had any real rain since the beginning of summer, and arent planning to anytime soon:/
zomgchong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:38 AM   #12 
Pataflafla

You could try a towel over his tank to see if he's a wuss about the light at night. You could also try getting him some ping pong balls or plastic bottle caps to play with too. He might just want something a little more entertaining while you're gone.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:00 AM   #13 
xXbrokencrownXx

thats what my guy looks like! Ive been trying to treat it for months....
xXbrokencrownXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:32 AM   #14 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomgchong View Post
BlakbirdxGyarados, im prety sure yours is finrot, it looks just likke mine.
The redness in his fins also concerned me because i thought it might be ammonia poisonig but im not so surer thats possible considering how clean i keep my water....
I know it's fin rot on her. I just thought this would help as it's being stubborn to heal, but yours seems more like tailbiting. As has been established, of course. :P

I'm responding to this late, but I know you've had lots of help on it.

Also, forgive me if I'm repeating from someone else...
Ammonia poisoning really only shows up in the gills. As has also been established, your betta has butterfly coloring, not ammonia poisoning on his fins.
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:52 AM   #15 
zomgchong

Well i havent even considered tailbiting...i wish i could like set up a camera and film him all day while im gone haha...i gave him a little pin pong ball nut he doesnt seem to care for it...Nand glad to know ots not amminia poisoning:)
zomgchong is offline   Reply With Quote