Tisia

wow, what kind of camera do you have? those pictures are so clear O_o
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:07 PM   #13 
Ruri Lesavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisia View Post
wow, what kind of camera do you have? those pictures are so clear O_o
I'm using my sisters Canon 60D w/ a macro lens.
Ruri Lesavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:07 PM   #14 
Ritingyou

Awesome collage of your fry! Was curious but what did you start feeding them with.. My fry just hatched last night so they arent exactly free swimming yet.. Some have told me bbs and some infusoria, I cant seem to decide!

Wish you could come down here and take pics of my fry for me XD only cameras I have cant seem to focus at all.. so the picture is always blurry. Or I use my phone (and occasionally ipod touch) where I will every full blue moon get a good pic.
Ritingyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #15 
Ruri Lesavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritingyou View Post
Awesome collage of your fry! Was curious but what did you start feeding them with.. My fry just hatched last night so they arent exactly free swimming yet.. Some have told me bbs and some infusoria, I cant seem to decide!

Wish you could come down here and take pics of my fry for me XD only cameras I have cant seem to focus at all.. so the picture is always blurry. Or I use my phone (and occasionally ipod touch) where I will every full blue moon get a good pic.
Thanks! I started feeding them with microworms. I'm also think about buying some BBS to feed the frys.

Lol. Maybe you can try using a couple of magnify glass and then take a picture xD
Old 09-16-2011, 09:30 PM   #16 
Ritingyou

I completely forgot about microworms!

I tried the magnify glass with my phone and itouch neither worked :( but oh well.. once the fry get bigger I can try and get pictures with better lighting I guess lol
Ritingyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:36 PM   #17 
Ruri Lesavka

I think a lot of my frys died... that or they just like laying on the floor... not moving...

How do I keep the temp steady in the tank? I have a piece of glass on top of the tank. The heater cord lets there be a small space for air.
Sometimes at night the temp drops to as low as 78 but during the day up to 84. I've tried using 2 different heaters.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:49 PM   #18 
animallover4lyfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruri Lesavka View Post
I think a lot of my frys died... that or they just like laying on the floor... not moving...

How do I keep the temp steady in the tank? I have a piece of glass on top of the tank. The heater cord lets there be a small space for air.
Sometimes at night the temp drops to as low as 78 but during the day up to 84. I've tried using 2 different heaters.
The temperature should be steady that alone will kill them if its changing all the time. I had a canopy for my tank, but what I also did was using masking tape or a strong tape...i taped any openings or holes I could possibly see. Seems to help alot, the heat stayed inside the tank!

you need to find a way for the temp to stay around 80-82 all the time.
animallover4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:22 PM   #19 
Jaclyn

Do you have an update?
Jaclyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:29 AM   #20 
Ruri Lesavka

Yes, a sad update...
---
Frys are 2 week old! There isn't many left but at least I have some. With the temp drops during the nights most of the frys died.

There was an accident so I had so find all the frys in the tank and put them in a cup. I don't know if I can put the frys in new water so they will stay in the cup until I know if they will live in the new water. So I put a fry in the tank and if it still alive after a few days I'll move the others.

Today I got 10+ platy for the price of one! I went to walmart today and saw the fishes. They started to add more variety like dragonfish, cories, and oscars. The top row will really dirty, one the far right in one of the tanks with oscars all but one was dead. So I'm guess the first row shares water since the tanks under them all are all clear and clean. In one of the tanks of the top row I saw a fat platy. I bought her and I guess w/ all the stress of being netted and moved around she dropped her babies. She gave birth to 10 so far. Also the man who netted my fish accidentally got some shrimps in the bag so I got free shrimps... :D I think they will live since they are big. They're bigger than my guppy frys.

Here's some picture of the frys. They are easier to spot now since I started to feed them brine shrimp. I don't have a camera w/ me so I took the pictures with my iPhone. The first picture is platy babies.

it looks like I have more platy fry than betta fry D: