Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-13-2011, 01:40 PM   #1 
cherrybello

Places worth visiting in the US

Hi guys, I am thinking about going to the United states for a visit sometime soon (winter time, for this poor soul who has never seen snow), and I am wondering if people can give me some ideas. Places worth visiting, and since I want to go across the country, what is the best way to do it? Probably be spending like 10 days to 2 weeks? Anything I should look out for??

Probably a weird place to ask a question like this, but yeah... :P
cherrybello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:02 PM   #2 
copperarabian

I love road trips!

Are you going in winter or summer? Personally I would never do winter, cross country is too dangerous with the snow and expecially if you drive accross a mountain range. If you want top stay in one place Yellowstone would be incredible in winter, very cold but it's like a fantasy landscape from a book in the winter :D

Also Glacier National park, Yosemite, Grand Canyon is cool at sunset :D

And if you go to a City I think Fransisco is pretty fun, I never get tired of Chinatown XD But the city does have bad neighborhoods you don't want to go into (Like the mission district and the tenderloin).

Hope it helped a little :D
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:27 PM   #3 
Leeniex

San Francisco and Yosemite are the most beautiful places! NYC of course. ;)

Don't come to Connecticut. Nothing to see here, lol.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:39 PM   #4 
Laki

I watched documentaries on Yosemite and Yellowstone National Parks. You could always just go to USA/Canada in summer (your winter I believe) and then in warmer months come further north and see snow. I can guarantee you, as only half Northern Canadian that we can see snow up into May and June. So if you went up Labrador or Northwest Territories you would see snow almost always.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:04 PM   #5 
dragonflie

If you're into a bit of history, I suggest Gettysburg. I might be biased because I live in Pennsylvania, but I think it's very worth it to see. ;)
dragonflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:21 PM   #6 
CrowntailTwitchy57

If you are ever in Virginia, you ABSOLUTELY MUST visit Roanoke! It is SUCH a gorgeous and quaint little town, and the resteraunts are AWESOME! visit as many as you can!!!
CrowntailTwitchy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:07 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

Visit Colorado if you like mountains. Estes Park is beautiful. There is a lake there, lots of good places to fish if you like fishing. They have nice shops and restaurants.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:34 PM   #8 
Tropicana

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperarabian View Post
I love road trips!

Are you going in winter or summer? Personally I would never do winter, cross country is too dangerous with the snow and expecially if you drive accross a mountain range. If you want top stay in one place Yellowstone would be incredible in winter, very cold but it's like a fantasy landscape from a book in the winter :D

Also Glacier National park, Yosemite, Grand Canyon is cool at sunset :D

And if you go to a City I think Fransisco is pretty fun, I never get tired of Chinatown XD But the city does have bad neighborhoods you don't want to go into (Like the mission district and the tenderloin).

Hope it helped a little :D
I totally agree with what Copperarabian said. Yellowstone, Glacier National Park, Yosemite, and the Grand Canyon are places you HAVE to visit. If you visit Fransisco you'll want to make sure you avoid the bad districsts. Those aren't lovely places to be. Oh, I climbed the mountains in Colorado to get to Pahaska's Tepee at the top. If you're an extreme biker then that's paradise for you because they're everywhere on the mountain. The sight was gorgeous!
Tropicana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:43 AM   #9 
cherrybello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropicana View Post
Oh, I climbed the mountains in Colorado to get to Pahaska's Tepee at the top. If you're an extreme biker then that's paradise for you because they're everywhere on the mountain. The sight was gorgeous!
My colleague went there last year, she sent us a post card, the view IS great!

I am personally a city girl, but I do like the view of country. I love road trips too! But I am not sure if we are allowed behind the wheels in the US, we do drive on the left side of the road...
cherrybello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:52 AM   #10 
Sakura8

For cities, I recommend New York City, New York of course. It's expensive though, sadly, but you can't beat it. San Francisco, California is beautiful and the hills are great fun. Boston, Massachussetts has amazing music. If you go in the summer, you can catch the Esplanade concerts that the Boston Pops and conductor Keith Lockhart perform for free. For small but beautiful cities, I recommend Providence, Rhode Island. It has a quaint charm that I adore. And then there's always Los Angeles, California. Lots to do in that area. If you want to learn more about the history of the country, Washington DC and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania are good places.

I'm a city girl myself. Even though I love the countryside, I don't know much about national parks. :( I need to learn more about my own country.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote