Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-14-2011, 05:28 PM   #51 
CrowntailTwitchy57

well i have a tank its about that size but it is heated and it is not divided, i would never divide it.
CrowntailTwitchy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:38 PM   #52 
Aquarianblue

Yeah, same here. I have my very small female living inside one of these,and it is heated, and cleaned 100% daily. However, once a buy a new sorority tank, Garnet will be moved into that. I usually kept this as a "hospital" or a place for any new fish to live in for a few days, before being introduced to any community. Quite frankly, even though my VERY tiny female lives in it, I feel bad. she just isn't being accepted by my other sorority, so it's important she lives, and sadly it's all I have for her.

But taking care of these daily, and heating it isn't such a bad fate, for a single, young betta. But to divide two into this, is just a cruel, sick thing to do. and there's no excuse for that. I will admit, when I bought my first betta I had 0 idea of what he needed, until I read about him, and his needs. and ever since, all my babys (save little little Garnet) have appropriate homes.
Aquarianblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:43 PM   #53 
toughcookie

I know exactly what you are talking about! i was at petsmart earlier today and one of the workers there actually recommended it! i was about to say something but it was too late =( I feel bad keeping my bettas in a 1 gal but that will soon be taken place with my 10 gal that i will divide into 2 or 3 sections.
toughcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:44 PM   #54 
missm83

nice!! how many bettas you have?
missm83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:14 PM   #55 
Tropicana

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmckin20 View Post
i don't see how PETA isn't already all over this :/
PETA better not show their face on this site or I'll freak out. I hate PETA with a passion and I have a lot of proof that what they do is just as inhumane as the people who force the poor bettas into "tanks" like the the one posted here.
Tropicana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:15 PM   #56 
ninjaofthe9seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLeyla View Post
Well not a 20 gallon. but people say they need huge huge tanks.
I've never heard ANYONE say they NEED a huge huge tank. Its just bigger tanks are much easier to take care of.
ninjaofthe9seas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:44 PM   #57 
Anitax3x

Its alot easier with bigger tanks :) I love having filtered heated water ESP after having to do all those water changes all the time.
Anitax3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #58 
Aquarianblue

Petsmart/Petco are starting to really irk me.

So I go to Petsmart today to see the new shipment of Bettas. They get them usually every Monday, or Wednesday. and I take it upon myself to be there and take the time to view all of them. I always have to find the ones who have nasty water, fin rot/finmelt/ick and take em to the clerks (they know me WELL, and a few of them actually like that I do this, btw) and show em what's wrong, and I tell em how to treat them. I understand Petsmart here at least can't control the water they come in, but I'm gonna mention to them. hey instead of Mons/Fridays cleaning the cups, and what not. do it the day you get em. I had to show the clerk 2 REALLY sick bettas today and how to care for them. both beautiful, beautiful HMS. This Petsmart is getting better about there Betta care, thanks to me. Let's move onto Petco, because these jerks REALLY piss me off.

I go to Petco, to see there bettas, see if there's any really pretty ones I might want. I find 2-3 dead ones. IN THE DISPLAY. a few with yellow tinted water. needless to say, I'm giving the manager an earfull, and taking it higher up then the manager to. I really think Petco should be boycotted. They have the prettier Bettas, yea. but they treat em REALLY bad. Anyways it just made me sick, and is really on my nerves, so I felt this should be put here.
Aquarianblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:33 PM   #59 
ManInBlack2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarianblue View Post
So I go to Petsmart today to see the new shipment of Bettas. They get them usually every Monday, or Wednesday. and I take it upon myself to be there and take the time to view all of them. I always have to find the ones who have nasty water, fin rot/finmelt/ick and take em to the clerks (they know me WELL, and a few of them actually like that I do this, btw) and show em what's wrong, and I tell em how to treat them. I understand Petsmart here at least can't control the water they come in, but I'm gonna mention to them. hey instead of Mons/Fridays cleaning the cups, and what not. do it the day you get em. I had to show the clerk 2 REALLY sick bettas today and how to care for them. both beautiful, beautiful HMS. This Petsmart is getting better about there Betta care, thanks to me. Let's move onto Petco, because these jerks REALLY piss me off.

I go to Petco, to see there bettas, see if there's any really pretty ones I might want. I find 2-3 dead ones. IN THE DISPLAY. a few with yellow tinted water. needless to say, I'm giving the manager an earfull, and taking it higher up then the manager to. I really think Petco should be boycotted. They have the prettier Bettas, yea. but they treat em REALLY bad. Anyways it just made me sick, and is really on my nerves, so I felt this should be put here.
its the same at my petco/petsmart. my petco has fairly clean water in the cups but they seem to know nothing about fish. my petsmart has the blue water in the cups... but they seem a lot more knowledgeable about fish... but still not to the point where i would go ask them for help lol
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:57 PM   #60 
pinkcupid765

I have one of those but i only bought it to use when im changing the water :/
pinkcupid765 is offline   Reply With Quote