Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-13-2011, 03:53 PM   #1 
Creat

Crushed head please help!

So I got this girl from 1 fish2fish around 3 months ago she was great and I spawned her but now she is taking a turn for the worse. When she showed up through the mail she was really beat up but I left her alone for about a month and when she showed no signs of getting worse I spawned her. Which was fast and easy and she only had a few nips in her fins. But afterward she has been getting worse and worse so far her gill covering on one side is further then the other and she has been going blind in one eye (same side with the problem gill covering) now there is a dent in her head which is getting deeper. And the reason I am posting now is I went to feed her today and there is this white stripe along her mouth and she will try to eat pellets get them in her mouth then twitch and flail then spit them out. Also now she is going blind in the other eye and also I noticed the webbing on her dorsal fin is gone the rays are there but the rest is gone... The only thing new that might have something to do with it is the heater broke in the sorority tank a few weeks ago and a few days ago as I was pulling gross creepy crawlies out of some duckweed one of them got into the tank and she swallowed it and did the same twitchy thing she is doing now, before I could get it back. Is this all related to the injuries she got during shipment? Please help my girl I really wanted to breed her again but honestly I just want her to stay alive now... Name:  IMG_1872.JPG
Views: 110
Size:  39.9 KB

Name:  IMG_1873.JPG
Size:  38.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1876.JPG
Size:  44.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1877.JPG
Views: 111
Size:  49.2 KB

Name:  IMG_1878.JPG
Views: 111
Size:  45.0 KB
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #2 
Creat

sorry for the double post but she ate a bloodworm after much struggle and a minute of chewing she didnt spit it back out...
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:40 PM   #3 
Myates

I'm so sorry for your troubles and heartache =( I wish I know what to do or what is wrong.. but all I can do is give you two my best wishes and hope she pulls through.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote