Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-14-2011, 08:11 AM   #1 
ashenfeather

d'Artagnan

Hello,

Today has been a rough day, so I thought that I would come out of hiding and share my story.

I have been lurking on these forums as a guest for several days, reading about betta care and more specifically, cures for betta health problems. Several days ago, my fish d'Artagnan became sick and was having a lot of trouble swimming. So, I transferred him to a hospital tank and began treating him with epsom salts. Thinking that it was SBD, I fasted him and then I soaked his pellets so that he would have an easier time eating his food. However, he steadily declined and today, the middle part of his body started to swell, which made his entire body bend in an L-like shape.

I was concerned, so I did a water change to his hospital tank and did my best not to stress him by testing the water temperature and the water itself. I also added antibiotics to his water but he only lasted a few minutes after that. Looking back, moving him probably stressed him but I did not know what else to do at the time.

It's disheartening that he has passed on, I had sincerely hoped that I could save him. Especially considering that when I bought him (roughly 8 months ago), he had severe fin rot and I quickly grew very attached in the process of curing him. His fins had grown out beautifully and he had quite the personality. (He had a habit of flaring at my boyfriend when he would lean down to watch d'Artagnan. He also liked to taunt the cat.)

He was a wonderful fish and I will miss him terribly.

Last edited by ashenfeather; 09-14-2011 at 08:26 AM.
ashenfeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:10 AM   #2 
iloveengl

That's such a sad story. I'm really sorry you lost him. :(
iloveengl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:49 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm so sorry for your loss.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote