Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-14-2011, 11:52 AM   #1 
Miyazawa

good tank mates for a small tank

well i have a 1 gallon - 1.5 gallon tank with a male crowntail betta, and i wanna get some mossball (or one rather) or some ghost shrimps (one rather) but im not sure if it will be too crowded
Miyazawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:43 PM   #2 
ollief9

I'd say no shrimp or snails -- the tank really is too small for the Betta himself. If you upgraded to a tank holding 2.5-5 gallons you would be able to get shrimps and moss balls.
ollief9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #3 
Miyazawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollief9 View Post
I'd say no shrimp or snails -- the tank really is too small for the Betta himself. If you upgraded to a tank holding 2.5-5 gallons you would be able to get shrimps and moss balls.
Well I just don't want the fish to be bored lol I probably gonna get a 2.5 tank soon. But that's probably the biggest I can get since I'm living in a college dorm. I saw my little Betta in petco and he was so sad so I was thinking a gallon is at least better than a small cup
Old 09-14-2011, 02:37 PM   #4 
Pataflafla

I think you could manage a moss ball. It'll give him a nice soft place to lay too.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:03 PM   #5 
iloveengl

Bettas are more solitary fish, so he won't be bored without a tankmate. Just put the tank in an area of your dorm room where he can see you/your roommate, and he'll be a happy camper.

If you can upgrade to a slightly larger tank so that you can put a heater in there, that would be awesome. He'll really perk up then!
iloveengl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:42 PM   #6 
Miyazawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveengl View Post
Bettas are more solitary fish, so he won't be bored without a tankmate. Just put the tank in an area of your dorm room where he can see you/your roommate, and he'll be a happy camper.

If you can upgrade to a slightly larger tank so that you can put a heater in there, that would be awesome. He'll really perk up then!
i just bought a elite 25W heater made by hagen but im not sure if i should put it in...since it is still pretty warm over here and my ATI stick on thermometer read the tank temperature as 81 ish...so