Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-14-2011, 11:47 PM   #1 
CaughtOnIt

Tips for a beginner :)

So I recently involved myself with this addicting hobbie of betta's and I found this site and was wondering if some more experienced hobbyists could give me some personal tips about my bettas and breeding them.
I only have pet store bought bettas, supposedly top quality but I honestly have no idea, so far I have bought a half moon male, ct male and regular male all stored in individual tanks, the ct and regular male are in a double glass tank that they can see each other through and they're quite used to each other now :) I have one ct female and 2 normal ones, they are in a 25L tank which will eventually be the spawning tank, I had to take the ct out because she was getting bullied :( When I got my first 3 ct, ct female and regular male, me being silly kept the ct female in with the regular betta, he nipped occasionally but it wasnt too bad. Given I have that tank with the seperater which betta do you guys think would be best to try first? :)
Anything helps guys!!!
CaughtOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:16 AM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum. We have several breeders here who will be more than happy to answer your questions. Actually, you shouldn't keep any less than 4 females together because two will gang up on the 3rd one and bully her to death. Most people keep multiple females in a "sorority" tank, a 10 gallon or larger, with plenty of plants and hiding spots. Females can be as aggressive as males and will fight. I think you know now that males and females cannot live together except for breeding purposes only. What we recommend to beginners is to research, research, research. Research until your brain hurts. lol I hope this helps.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:20 AM   #3 
CaughtOnIt

Yeah thanks :) I think I'm going to get everything I need and just wait until I think everything's ready and do it at the right time :)
CaughtOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:29 AM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Good idea. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote