Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #1 
Hikari

Got new 5 gallon tank, but...

I opened the box and discovered it was plastic. I had figured it was glass, and it said absolutly nowhere on the box what it was made out of.

The thing is, I bought this at a store an hour away from home, so I won't be able to go back anytime soon.

I know acrylic plastic is the only type that is safe to heat, but it doesn't say if it's acrylic. So I tried calling the number on the box, and I can't connect to them. I tried the one on their website, still the same thing. I then tried calling the 800 number for the brand, and it wouldn't connect either! Could it be because these numbers are only available in the US? If so, could someone in the US try them? The number for Koller Craft which made the aquarium is 1-800-367-4821 and the one for the brand Aqua Brite is 1-800-941-4200. If you are able to get a hold of either one, could you ask if the AquaBrite aquarium kit number 785-FL is made from acrylic or not? I would really appreciate it. I really don't want to bring this tank back if I don't have to.
Hikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:36 PM   #2 
Hikari

Nevermind the Aqua Brite number, it wasn't the right number anyway. But could someone try the Koller Craft number? I tried again, but I just keep getting a message saying the call couldn't be completed as dialed. There's a different number on the box that won't connect either. It's 800-545-1344
Old 09-15-2011, 03:11 PM   #3 
H20Gardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari View Post
Nevermind the Aqua Brite number, it wasn't the right number anyway. But could someone try the Koller Craft number? I tried again, but I just keep getting a message saying the call couldn't be completed as dialed. There's a different number on the box that won't connect either. It's 800-545-1344
I called for you. Yes, it is indeed acrylic.

Last edited by H20Gardner; 09-15-2011 at 03:14 PM.
H20Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:19 PM   #4 
Hikari

Thank you so much!!! I am so relieved. I can now get the tank ready for my little guy. Thanks again! I really appreciate it.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:30 PM   #5 
H20Gardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari View Post
Thank you so much!!! I am so relieved. I can now get the tank ready for my little guy. Thanks again! I really appreciate it.
You are very welcome!
H20Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote