Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-16-2011, 08:40 AM   #11 
DarkMoon17

Poor boy, he is pretty pale... For the time being, don't do any Aquarium Salt dips, it appears that he could have an internal infection. Aquarium Salt will make any internal infection much much worse. Reduce the temp to 82-84*F (slowly of course). How is he looking this morning?

I've searched around google, and it does indeed appear that Jungle's Anti-Parasite pellets have been taken off the market... There are still a few websites with some stock. So... Unless you have a fish specialty store near you that sells medicated flakes or you can get 2 or 3 Metronidazole tablets from your local vet, you should consider buying one of these flakes if he does not turn the corner soon.
Dropsy meds:
Anti-Protozoan Flake (Metronidazole) or Antibiotic Flake (kanamycin)
http://www.angelsplus.com/MedsAntibiotic.htm

He may not need them. It will depend on how he looks this morning.
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:54 AM   #12 
mathkid

Augh =(

This morning the swelling looks better but he is still pretty pale, mostly on the bottom. His belly is losing color (so since he's red, it's going light orange) - is that the same as going grey? I am going to finish out the Maracyn II.

BUT... he has got ick spots again!!! 2 of them - you can see them barely on the base of his pectoral fin. Salt dip or no??

He did not poop last night, but of course he wasn't really fed either... I'll take a look-see for frozen daphnia.

Pic attached.
Attached Images

mathkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:58 AM   #13 
mathkid

Augh =(

Oops, sorry for double post.

ETA: I ordered the medicated flake food - even if he doesn't need it, I'd like to have it on hand.

ETA2: I have Aquari-sol... if aquarium salt is bad right now, would Aquari-sol be OK to treat the ich?

Last edited by mathkid; 09-16-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:46 PM   #14 
mathkid

I came home early from work because I was worried and found that the tank heater had been way overdoing it and the temperature was almost at 90!! Well - on the thermometer in his cup. The one in the tank itself read 87. He looked super pale and seemed to be breathing a little hard.

I moved his cup to the other end of the tank and mixed some water and now it reads 87. I hope changing the temperature that fast didn't hurt him. I want to take the temp down to 83 or so - can I do that at 1 degree an hour? Or does it need to be slower than that?

-mk

P.S. I got some frozen daphnia but he doesn't seem to notice it. Maybe he doesn't know it's food? Or maybe he just doesn't feel well enough.

ETA: Picture =( Of course there's some lighting differences so he looks even paler, but still. This is awful.
Attached Images

Last edited by mathkid; 09-16-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:02 PM   #15 
mathkid

R.I.P. Fishie.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:16 PM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

Aww, I'm so sorry you lost your fish.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote