Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 08:17 PM   #41 
BettaMiah

Ohhh you're getting Endy? That is a cute nick-name.

I am looking at Splatter.

I will call him Splat for short.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:19 PM   #42 
Gizmothefreaky

I think he would do fine in a one gallon as A TEMPORARY set up, but i am not sure how i feel personally about anything less than 2.5 being a permanent home.

Shipping would be $10.95 for the flat rate box, and that is to anywhere, more if you want a heat pack, but that all depends on the weather where you live. It is still pretty warm here right now.

I havent gotten to know Splatter super well, but he is very active, always dancing at the glass for treats and attention. He seemed to get stressed in a divided tank, and that is when he bit his tail, so i am not sure he would do well with community fish. He needs to be alone or with only snails and shrimp as buddies.

If you cannot get him that is fine, i understand. Just let me know so i can put his picture up again. :)
Old 09-15-2011, 08:28 PM   #43 
BettaMiah

Okay. I am still hoping too.

Okay, I have no room for anything more than a 1.5 gallon cube tank with a filter and a bubbler. What about that? I do keep up on water changes.

10.95? I might have to save up. I live on a 5$ a week allowance. If only you would accept a PetSmart Giftcard, haha!

It would be this-

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=3804454
Old 09-15-2011, 08:32 PM   #44 
BettaMiah

Or this!

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...uctId=11907004
Old 09-15-2011, 09:06 PM   #45 
Gizmothefreaky

What about any of these? They are fairly inexpensive, and i would feel better about the size...

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=2752385

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=3611436

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=2753107

the last one doesnt look like it comes with a filter, but the small ones are pretty cheap... Besides, with that small a tank you really dont need a filter with just one betta.

Also, Endymion is back up for adoption everyone, :

Old 09-15-2011, 09:10 PM   #46 
BettaMiah

:( No, I can't afford any of those, and I do not have the room.

1.5 is my max I think.

I understand if you think it is too small.

But if you are still not sure, I would like to assure you that I would never skimp on the Water changes.

I already have that last one. It does have a very strong filter. It filters 10 gallons.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:29 PM   #47 
Gizmothefreaky

I am just concerned because Splatter isnt a small boy, it isnt the water changes i am concerned about, it is the swimming space that is provided...

Are you willing to look at other stores? I know walmart has a nice three gallon that would fit perfectly in the same space as a 1.5, though it may be a little over your budget...

Im sorry, i am just concerned about his well being is all... ^^; I am a typical worried mom, dont mind me...

I am sure he will be fine.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:33 PM   #48 
fishy friend2

At walmart you can. Get a 2.5 for 24 and if you have the space you can get a 5 for 27
Old 09-15-2011, 09:42 PM   #49 
BettaMiah

Ohhh a big guy, isn't he? I will make sure he has plenty of stuff to do.

Yuuki is my smallest right now, Ryu is quite large.

I think he will be fine.

If he isn't though, and looks very cramped, I WILL go back and get him a 2.5. But if he seems okay, I will let him be.

I am just soooo excited! I hope my mom says I can.

This is really weird, I never thought I would get a Veiltail, because I don;t really like them. But here I find myself falling in love with one.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:43 PM   #50 
iloveengl

I would like to make a home for Tybalt and Endy.

I have a cycled , planted, filtered, and heated 2.5 gallon for one betta, (though it is being maintained by a temporary nerite snail to keep it cycled), and a 6.6 gallon cycled, planted, filtered, and heated bookshelf tank waiting for a betta. The betta in the bookshelf tank would share his home with 6 kuhli loaches and 1 mystery snail.

In my opinion, pets are a choice and a responsibility, whether fish, bird, cat, or horse, and in our household they are cared for as a member of the family. I don't think an animal should be brought into one's home if one is unable to provide for that animal's needs in full. All of our tanks are fully cycled, planted with live plants and driftwood, and aquscaped to create as close to a natural setting as possible, which varies depending on the tank/inhabitants.

I think it's great that you're being honest enough with yourself to recognize that you are no longer able to provide the kind of care that you want (and that your fish deserve) and that you're being responsible about finding them a suitable home - rather than tossing them at anyone who will take them. Kudos to you for making a tough decision during difficult times for yourself.
Closed Thread