Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 09:51 PM   #51 
iloveengl

Oh, I also feed my fish Omega One & New Life Spectrum brand pellets.

If whichever betta that makes a home in the bookshelf tank doesn't get along with tank mates, then those dudes will just be transferred to the 20g L tropical tank. (We have a couple tropicals, a goldfish tank, and then the three betta tanks in my signature which have been set up and just waiting for the right adoption moment to come along. I don't believe in purchasing from stores around me. They don't maintain their bettas, and I don't want to contribute to their bottom line in fish sales. /end rant.)
Old 09-15-2011, 09:53 PM   #52 
Gizmothefreaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaMiah View Post
Ohhh a big guy, isn't he? I will make sure he has plenty of stuff to do.

Yuuki is my smallest right now, Ryu is quite large.

I think he will be fine.

If he isn't though, and looks very cramped, I WILL go back and get him a 2.5. But if he seems okay, I will let him be.

I am just soooo excited! I hope my mom says I can.

This is really weird, I never thought I would get a Veiltail, because I don;t really like them. But here I find myself falling in love with one.
Its alright, i am just being worried is all, lol! I think he will do fine, and i am comforted by you saying that he will get a bigger tank if he looks cramped, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveengl View Post
I would like to make a home for Tybalt and Endy.

I have a cycled , planted, filtered, and heated 2.5 gallon for one betta, (though it is being maintained by a temporary nerite snail to keep it cycled), and a 6.6 gallon cycled, planted, filtered, and heated bookshelf tank waiting for a betta. The betta in the bookshelf tank would share his home with 6 kuhli loaches and 1 mystery snail.

In my opinion, pets are a choice and a responsibility, whether fish, bird, cat, or horse, and in our household they are cared for as a member of the family. I don't think an animal should be brought into one's home if one is unable to provide for that animal's needs in full. All of our tanks are fully cycled, planted with live plants and driftwood, and aquscaped to create as close to a natural setting as possible, which varies depending on the tank/inhabitants.

I think it's great that you're being honest enough with yourself to recognize that you are no longer able to provide the kind of care that you want (and that your fish deserve) and that you're being responsible about finding them a suitable home - rather than tossing them at anyone who will take them. Kudos to you for making a tough decision during difficult times for yourself.
Tybalt is pending currently, but if the person that is interested is unable to get him, you will be first in line. Endy is available though, and i would be happy to let you have him.

I am going to tell you the same that i have told every one else, i do not have a paypal, because i dont have a bank account, but i am willing to take a money order, check, or cash, whatever you feel the safest. I will give you all of my personal information so that you can feel secure this isnt a scam, and i will take a picture for you of the fish that you want with a handwritten note from the fish (lol) and today's date, so that you know i actually have the fish in question.

I am no thief, i just want these fish to find a loving and caring home where they will get the attention they deserve.

Please let me know if you are still interested after that, and i will pm you my info and take the photo for you.

i found batteries for my camera, ha ha, so i dont have to do it over the phone. ^^;
Old 09-15-2011, 09:55 PM   #53 
BettaMiah

iloveengl-

Hi, please do not think I am trying to be mean, but are you keeping the Kuhli Loaches in the 6 gallon only temporary? They need 10 gallons minimum for one. Your Bioload will be through the roof and the ammonia will kill them all, even the Betta, and they will get stunted.

Just my 2 cents, incase you didn't know.

The 2.5 is good though.

Edit- Gizmo- Oh of course! I would never let a Betta be bored and cramped. :) I too am worrysome mother. Especially if my baby was going to someone I didn't know.

Oh, and expect us to call before we settle the deal, IF my mom says yes. She is very, protective, lets say, of me. She would be really happy to meet you.

And if I speak, I sound like i'm 5. I'm 13. >.<

Last edited by BettaMiah; 09-15-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:55 PM   #54 
Gizmothefreaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveengl View Post
Oh, I also feed my fish Omega One & New Life Spectrum brand pellets.

If whichever betta that makes a home in the bookshelf tank doesn't get along with tank mates, then those dudes will just be transferred to the 20g L tropical tank. (We have a couple tropicals, a goldfish tank, and then the three betta tanks in my signature which have been set up and just waiting for the right adoption moment to come along. I don't believe in purchasing from stores around me. They don't maintain their bettas, and I don't want to contribute to their bottom line in fish sales. /end rant.)

Tybalt and Endy have both been exposed to Khulis and snails in the past, i doubt there will be a problem. lol
Old 09-15-2011, 09:58 PM   #55 
Gizmothefreaky

Quote:
iloveengl-

Hi, please do not think I am trying to be mean, but are you keeping the Kuhli Loaches in the 6 gallon only temporary? They need 10 gallons minimum for one. Your Bioload will be through the roof and the ammonia will kill them all, even the Betta, and they will get stunted.

The 2.5 is good though.

I keep four khulis and a betta in a 7 gallon as well and the ammonia is never bad... Khuli's have a very low bioload, where the typical rule of thumb is one gallon of water per inch of fish, khuli's are able to be in a fourth of that.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:59 PM   #56 
iloveengl

Quote:
iloveengl-

The 2.5 is good though.
Kuhlis have a very minimal bio load. My tank is fully cycled, filtered, and heavily planted. It's a 24" long tank, which gives the kuhlis swim space. I test my water bi-weekly with API liquid master kit, so I'm certain when I say the water is pristine. I don't reach above 10 ppm nitrate (with 0 ppm ammonia & 0 ppm nitrite) and that's with a 20% water change every 1-2 weeks.

No offence taken. I love my pets, and I did my research before I got into the hobby years ago.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:01 PM   #57 
BettaMiah

Okay. :3 Seems you care for them. :D Thats what I get for listening to PetSmart.

They are really dumb. For Africab Dwarf Frogs, they say 5 gallons, when it is only 1. But for GOLDFISH they recommend bowls. Hah.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:05 PM   #58 
Gizmothefreaky

Quote:

Edit- Gizmo- Oh of course! I would never let a Betta be bored and cramped. :) I too am worrysome mother. Especially if my baby was going to someone I didn't know.

Oh, and expect us to call before we settle the deal, IF my mom says yes. She is very, protective, lets say, of me. She would be really happy to meet you.

And if I speak, I sound like i'm 5. I'm 13. >.<

Okay. :3 Seems you care for them. :D Thats what I get for listening to PetSmart.

They are really dumb. For Africab Dwarf Frogs, they say 5 gallons, when it is only 1. But for GOLDFISH they recommend bowls. Hah.

I dont know how good ill sound on the phone, i have a terrible case of bronchitis... but you are welcome to call if it is alright.

Also, i owned african dwarf frogs for years, and the minimum i would recommend is 3 gallons for a full grown female, and 2.5 gallons for a full grown male. And that is after years of experience and research. Dont believe everything the petstore tells you, but sometimes they are closer to right than they seem.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:07 PM   #59 
BettaMiah

Huh. Well, then I better tell my brother. He has 2 in a 1.5. Though they are very healthy.

Oh yes, I had bronch. Not fun. I was miserable. And my temp hit the roof.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:09 PM   #60 
iloveengl

Bettamiah, :( I know what you mean. If there is any fish with even more misinformation out there than the betta, it's the goldfish. Poor things.

Gizmothefreaky -
If Tybalt falls through on the other end, then I would like to purchase both him and Endy at the same time in order to combine on the flat rate shipping.

If Tybalt is not available to purchase with Endy, then I'm going to hold off on purchasing Endy. (It's too much for me to spend on one betta, even though I know it's not a lot of money in the long run.)
Closed Thread