Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-21-2011, 12:05 AM   #121 
HatsuneMiku

most of my bettas are camera shy (nimbus my new baby seems to be the only one not afraid of the camera) .. when they see me coming with a camera they swim and hide ..
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:23 AM   #122 
youlovegnats

Daww. cute.
He's just getting settled into his new home. He might take up to a week to warm up to you, but he'll come around. :)
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:01 AM   #123 
Myates

Gently tap the top part of his tank when you go to feed him. Not the glass part, but the tip top. He'll start associating you with food and he will really warm up to you quickly! He'll come out and "dance" for you every time he sees you enter in the room =)
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:33 PM   #124 
betaguy

haha thats smart, like the pavlov's dog.
betaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:33 PM   #125 
Myates

Yup =)
It's funny sometimes how they react to it. Normally they rush up, sometimes though they don't. Had a scare earlier, I went to feed Xander who is usually always ready to eat and comes at me flaring when he sees me but this morning I tapped and tapped, turned his tank a little. Did everything short of tearing it apart when he finally popped his head out of his cave and just stared at me (his tank is pretty well planted and he likes to lay among the broad leaves. It has a hole in the top about an inch long, half an inch wide, thought maybe he somehow jumped.) I tapped the top again and he swam as fast as he could to the surface lol. Guess he was still sleeping from the night in there (there is a small air pocket in the cave I believe and he uses that sometimes) and didn't want to "get out of bed". But, when he heard the tap he realized it was meal time! If you feed them in a certain spot each time they will learn to go there too. All I have to do it put m y finger tip close to the water in their spot and if they are out and about swimming, they'll see it and come rushing.

Last edited by Myates; 09-21-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:51 PM   #126 
MistersMom

That is the coolest thing ever im totally gonna try that!!!!!!!! :)
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:57 PM   #127 
Myates

lol great! You can also play with them and their food... stab a blood worm (If using a freeze dried one, soak it in tank water first, then stab it with a tooth pick or use tweezers) and put it just on top of the water. If you can get him to eat it from that, you can always start moving it up a little at a time and eventually you may be able to get him to jump out of the water half an inch or so to get it lol. Or make him chase it, that helps relieve boredom for you and the fish lol =)
Old 09-21-2011, 06:35 PM   #128 
MistersMom

lmao...thats great.... i luv fish they are too funny!! so are you! lol...sounds dandy ill try it lol!?!
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:27 PM   #129 
betaguy

He seems so happy, no bubble nest though, my glass cover has no holes so i just leave a slit open on the backend and there is condensation on inside allright?
betaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:04 PM   #130 
Myates

Condensation is fine. Humidity will help his labyrinth organ out. It took Xander over a month to make his first bubble nest for me, and the newest guy only a few days. So each is different, no worries, some make, some don't, and they take their own time.

Tags
sick betta