Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-13-2011, 11:41 PM   #1 
MrNighttime

Where did they go?

So I went into Walmart today to pick up the pineapple VT I was debating getting. I had convinced myself my station at teh barber shop needed some betta to make it better.

Anyway, last night they had about 20 males of the vt and ct types and soem females....I go in today, and there are only 5 females left. They had been sitting there for days and now suddenly they are all gone. I doubt they could have had a sudden buying frenzy.

Could allof them have died overnight? Been shipped back to the supplier? What could it be?
MrNighttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:58 PM   #2 
Luimeril

people could have bought them for weddings and such. they could have died.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:06 PM   #3 
Bambi

If they get sick they get flushed, they probably got bought or sick.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:20 PM   #4 
Tropicana

There's a lot of things that could've happened to them while in the store that caused them to disappear. It's possible that they had a sudden buying frenzy or they could've got sick or died.
Tropicana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:21 AM   #5 
MrNighttime

Well I called Walmart today to ask just for kicks. The lady on the phone was pretty grumpy with me I must say. I inquired about the bettas and what happened to so many and remarked how I wanted to buy the pineapple vt and hoped perhaps they moved it...I was pleasant, courteous and got told:

"Look, we get new bettas every Friday and we cant keep them. I think they got bought. Yeah, they get like bought out the next day so if you want a fish show up on Friday."

Then she hung up.

Okay. That tells me a lot.
MrNighttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:45 AM   #6 
Aquarianblue

Yeah. I hate people like that. I bring up sick bettas to the fish guy at Petco, and he acts as if I'm bothering him, with his sick fish.
Aquarianblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:49 AM   #7 
Luimeril

just shows how much they appreciate their job.

don't let it bum ya out. that's happened to me plenty of times. fall in love with a betta, it's gone by the time i get up the money to buy him/her. like now. i may be able to get a new betta, but the yellow gal i fell for is probably gone. x:
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:45 PM   #8 
Aquarianblue

Well..

I gotta say, there is a special boy I hope doesn't disappear. He was a wonderful all green HM male at Petsmart. problem is, he has finrot. Now, I have them trained at THIS Petsmart, so he's in some AQ healing right now. I told them to hang onto him, as I will be buying him in a day or so. I hope he stays..I really want this particular one.
Aquarianblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:04 PM   #9 
Tropicana

Some people are just plain rude about it because they are blinded by the myth that a betta's life doesn't have as much value as a human's life. Don't let that bratty employee bum you out. Of course, the employees don't like me because they know that I'm crazy enough to where if they insult me too much they'll probably get their mouth ripped off.
Tropicana is offline   Reply With Quote