Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-15-2011, 10:59 PM   #1 
afishpond

Question know fry's

hi all have tried just about all i know and can't get any fry's male makes nest and has egg's in nest but i don't see any fry's take male out and still know fry's going on numeber 8 spawn and this is getting old have used 5 diffent males only thing i'm fineing that may have some thing to do with this is the water temp. is only 72 ever thing eles looks good .add green water when i see egg's still know fry' so any help would be great at this point.

Last edited by afishpond; 09-15-2011 at 11:02 PM.
afishpond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:16 PM   #2 
Pitluvs

Your temps must be higher, between 80 and 83F. My bettas don't even live in tanks with temps that low. Try upping your temps. Other than that, what's your set up like? And how long are you leaving the male in after he's collected all the eggs? Do you use Indian almond leaves?
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:39 AM   #3 
Mohan85

Quote:
Originally Posted by afishpond View Post
hi all have tried just about all i know and can't get any fry's male makes nest and has egg's in nest but i don't see any fry's take male out and still know fry's going on numeber 8 spawn and this is getting old have used 5 diffent males only thing i'm fineing that may have some thing to do with this is the water temp. is only 72 ever thing eles looks good .add green water when i see egg's still know fry' so any help would be great at this point.
yea, your water temp needs to be at 82F you should look for a heater where you can adjust the temperature to that level
Mohan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:22 AM   #4 
afishpond

know almond leaves have used them from oak leave tea works better for me . been letting male stay with egg's for 3day's but tried take them out still same .
afishpond is offline   Reply With Quote