Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-17-2011, 01:24 AM   #31 
DazzleKitty

I actually just got the 1 gallon tank the topic creator put in their original post. It's actually one from Wal-Mart of a different brand but is basically the same exact tank.
My poor little dude had to make due with a vase for about a week and he seems much happier in this little one gallon. I know it's not ideal but that's all I can do for now. He seems pretty active and amused and it looks really pretty in the kitchen. He has his little marimo moss ball and the tank comes with a really nice little light. I did not use the filter thing that came with it because I deemed it unnecessary.

The critter keeps are cheap and functional. But not offense to those who use them, but they kinda look cheap, especially with the lid. I guess you could always take the lid off but still don't care for the looks. Sorry guys. :(
DazzleKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:21 PM   #32 
Bresn

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishy friend2 View Post
Most likely you have a 3.4 gallon if you got it from petco
That's a blue cover and it's from petsmart.
Bresn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:30 PM   #33 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzleKitty View Post
I actually just got the 1 gallon tank the topic creator put in their original post. It's actually one from Wal-Mart of a different brand but is basically the same exact tank.
My poor little dude had to make due with a vase for about a week and he seems much happier in this little one gallon. I know it's not ideal but that's all I can do for now. He seems pretty active and amused and it looks really pretty in the kitchen. He has his little marimo moss ball and the tank comes with a really nice little light. I did not use the filter thing that came with it because I deemed it unnecessary.

The critter keeps are cheap and functional. But not offense to those who use them, but they kinda look cheap, especially with the lid. I guess you could always take the lid off but still don't care for the looks. Sorry guys. :(
That's the tank I have for Nixon, I didn't put the filter system in it either, it would take from what little room he has LOL I used the pump on my 20g air stone, love it. He's moving up to a divided 10g though, but its a great starter tank.Helped me in a pinch!
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:42 PM   #34 
LaLaLeyla

Critter keepers are good homes for bettas, and cheap too!
The only thing I don't like about them is how it looks. It does look very cheap but whatever xD
LaLaLeyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:10 PM   #35 
Myates

Bleh... cheaper then Petsmart ;)

Kritter keeper

Last edited by Myates; 09-17-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:27 PM   #36 
GalvatronX99

As an alternative to critter keepers, you can make your own glass tank for really cheap (not counting buying the glass cutter and silicone, but that's a one time purchase for multiple hand made tanks).

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...kuId=202939045

I used that brand of glass to make my own 4 gal tank. I used two of the 8x10 sheets and 3 of the 10x12 sheets. Cost me 10.92 before tax and tools. The glass cutter is 6 bucks (you don't need one of these if you don't care about looks, even then intelligent design can make it a non issue), and the silicone was like five bucks. I've made several of these small tanks for friends and family with the first tube of silicone I bought. Just make sure the silicone is 100% WITHOUT antimold chemicals in the silicone.
GalvatronX99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:30 PM   #37 
Pitluvs

I believe GE windows and Doors type I is good for tanks, it was recommended to me by my local aquarium club. Do not buy type II, it has anti mold in it.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:43 PM   #38 
TielBird101

How many gallons is the small size?
TielBird101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:53 PM   #39 
TielBird101

I found out that another pet store in our city has Ck's cheaper.
TielBird101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #40 
Laki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
I'm in Atlantic Canada, its cold 360 days of the year haha You should see my heat bill for this summer, yes heat.
I hear you, we had total 2 weeks of summer. Maybe I'm even optimistic about that:/ Worst summer ever.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote