Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-23-2011, 08:36 PM   #11 
Ajones108

Just a huge warning: If you go with a fluval cube, be prepared for a huge filtration problem and lots of algae even if isn't near sunlight. I'm good friend with my LPS and they have two fluval tanks in their fish department filled up with a few fish in each one. They had to put in plecos to take care of the terrible algae problem and if the filtration breaks you have to get a whole new tank. They're pretty tanks, but normally way overpriced for what they provide. Plus! One of the fluval tanks doesn't have a top opening. It's a complete cube with only a tiny spot for the filter. Bettas are surface breathers. :S

There's my warning. In short: Fluval = Overpriced and no air for betta. :p
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:34 PM   #12 
ollief9

Quote:
A 56 gallon tank is quite a project to get going and maintain. I would start with a 20, especially if it's a 20 long. You will have plenty of options there, and the water changes aren't nearly as daunting. Overall, it is just easier to maintain and requires less expensive equipment.
I own a 50 gallon tank and it was very easy to set up and water changes are easy but long winded. It's more expensive initially but once you get the tank going it's roughly the same price as it would be to maintain a much smaller tank.

Nothing is daunting about a large tank.
ollief9 is offline   Reply With Quote