Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? nope
Is your tank heated? yes with elite mini heater 25W
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? none

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? biogold pellets
How often do you feed your betta fish? twice a days, 2 pellets each

Maintenance

How often do you perform a water change? every 4 days
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 100%
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? water conditioner

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness:
Alkalinity:

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? white chin
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? twitching and now floating on top
When did you start noticing the symptoms? just now
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? i dropped a few drops of pimafix
Does your fish have any history of being ill? i just got him for a week
How old is your fish (approximately)?not sure

im really worried since now his fins are all clamped together........and he's not really moving at all....he was fine yesterday.....only thing that i did yesterday was i added the heater and changed his water....i put enough water conditioner so i don't think it is because i changed water

Last edited by Miyazawa; 09-16-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Miyazawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:47 PM   #2 
Miyazawa

updated: i changed his water again
Old 09-16-2011, 10:17 PM   #3 
Miyazawa

update: now he's sluggish on the top of the tank, with clamped fins and spit out whatever food i put in .......he has all three signs of sickness but i can't determine why he's like this
Old 09-16-2011, 10:23 PM   #4 
Miyazawa

update: i use a light a shined on him....found out that his chin and belly lost color...it is supposed to be royal blue....it doesn't look white but it just looks like the scales lost color...PLEASE HELP
Old 09-16-2011, 10:30 PM   #5 
QueenBetta383

Are his fins looking ripped up or scraggly at all? Are his body scales 'poofing' out from the rest of his body? Does he look bloated, or his stomach 'puffed up'? Is he 'making dirt' regularly and with ease? Do his 'droppings' seem average (color, size, /shape/)? Is he eating eagerly, and seeming interested in the food? Eating the food within 30 seconds roughly of feeding?
The questions are because I need more detail to determine more about what might be happening. You only have to answer the questions that seem like they are effecting your guy.
Thanks! And good luck with your boy!
QueenBetta383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:34 PM   #6 
Miyazawa

im posting some pictures....so you can see what's happening to his chin.....
Old 09-16-2011, 10:36 PM   #7 
Miyazawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBetta383 View Post
Are his fins looking ripped up or scraggly at all? Are his body scales 'poofing' out from the rest of his body? Does he look bloated, or his stomach 'puffed up'? Is he 'making dirt' regularly and with ease? Do his 'droppings' seem average (color, size, /shape/)? Is he eating eagerly, and seeming interested in the food? Eating the food within 30 seconds roughly of feeding?
The questions are because I need more detail to determine more about what might be happening. You only have to answer the questions that seem like they are effecting your guy.
Thanks! And good luck with your boy!
well his fins are fine...he doesn't seem to have dropsy...he wants to eat but he just spits it out after....he's really really sluggish, and you can see he has clamped fins...OH and the chin thing as you can see from the pictures
Old 09-17-2011, 01:02 AM   #8 
Miyazawa

please help.....i think he's going now.....
Old 09-17-2011, 01:23 AM   #9 
Indyfishy

Oh no, this doesn't look good, I'm so sorry. Move him from his tank into a small quarantine container so he can reach the surface easily. Keep him in there with any tannins (dried oak leaves, or decaf green tea) or stresscoat if you have it. I have no idea what's wrong with him, I hope someone else can take a look and see what's going on with him. I'm going to try and get some more experienced forum members to take a look at him!!

*edit* how did his symptoms start and has that grey patch under his chin been spreading at all???

*double edit* and don't add any more pimafix, it's not good for bettas!!!! (not your fault, they don't tell you that on the packaging -_-)

Last edited by Indyfishy; 09-17-2011 at 01:30 AM.
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:54 AM   #10 
Indyfishy

I have to get to sleep, as I am very under the weather today myself, but I messaged DarkMoon17 for you and hopefully she will have a look at this thread as soon as she gets online. In the meantime, keep your boy in a calm quiet place and just watch him closely. If that grey patch starts to spread any more, can you please take pictures of it's progress and post them back here???? Good luck, I hope he recovers, I'll be back to take a look at this in the morning!!
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote