Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-17-2011, 01:20 AM   #11 
BettaSnap456

Indyfishy, the clamped fins are probably due to stress. My betta was under stress and he started clamping his fins. In your case it might be different, and I know how you feel. I hope your betta gets better!
BettaSnap456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:24 AM   #12 
BettaSnap456

Woops! Sorry! Wrong person... My computer is going awire!
BettaSnap456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:49 AM   #13 
Miyazawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyfishy View Post
I have to get to sleep, as I am very under the weather today myself, but I messaged DarkMoon17 for you and hopefully she will have a look at this thread as soon as she gets online. In the meantime, keep your boy in a calm quiet place and just watch him closely. If that grey patch starts to spread any more, can you please take pictures of it's progress and post them back here???? Good luck, I hope he recovers, I'll be back to take a look at this in the morning!!
It used to be yellowish yesterday and it wasn't that big. But today it just looks grayish and it got bigger.....I'm hoping for the best because I just got him from petco and I'm so sad.......
Miyazawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:50 AM   #14 
Miyazawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyfishy View Post
I have to get to sleep, as I am very under the weather today myself, but I messaged DarkMoon17 for you and hopefully she will have a look at this thread as soon as she gets online. In the meantime, keep your boy in a calm quiet place and just watch him closely. If that grey patch starts to spread any more, can you please take pictures of it's progress and post them back here???? Good luck, I hope he recovers, I'll be back to take a look at this in the morning!!
And thank you so much
Old 09-17-2011, 11:19 AM   #15 
DarkMoon17

I'm sorry your new boy isn't doing so well. I'll need a bit more info though. It is possible that his new behavior is due to the temperature change. Did you stagger the temp process so it didn't increase rapidly or did set the temp at 80*F and plug it in? A heater will rapidly heat up a 1 gal bowl. Sudden temperature changes could cause some stress/jerky motions. Do you have a thermometer that can accurately read the temp of the tank?

Otherwise, is he having trouble swimming? Does it seem like he is struggling to swim down?

Is he still eating?

As for the color, it doesn't look like the start of dropsy and it also doesn't look like that new unidentified disease either. It could be a natural color change... Not sure atm.
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:07 PM   #16 
Miyazawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMoon17 View Post
I'm sorry your new boy isn't doing so well. I'll need a bit more info though. It is possible that his new behavior is due to the temperature change. Did you stagger the temp process so it didn't increase rapidly or did set the temp at 80*F and plug it in? A heater will rapidly heat up a 1 gal bowl. Sudden temperature changes could cause some stress/jerky motions. Do you have a thermometer that can accurately read the temp of the tank?

Otherwise, is he having trouble swimming? Does it seem like he is struggling to swim down?

Is he still eating?

As for the color, it doesn't look like the start of dropsy and it also doesn't look like that new unidentified disease either. It could be a natural color change... Not sure atm.
well I did everything by the book. It's definitely not the temperature since my heater heat the water from 72 to 80 in like 2 hours and I didn't put him in until the water reaches 78 degrees plus I put the cup in the water first to let the Bertta adjust to the water temperature before I put him back in. He left me this morning because his gray patch spread to his stomach :(
Old 09-18-2011, 05:24 PM   #17 
DarkMoon17

Ah I'm sorry Miyazawa, I wish we could have been of more help :(
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote