Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-17-2011, 08:16 AM   #1 
Guppie luver

My sorority has COLUMNARIS!

Ok, so last night I lost a girl to columnaris and so my mom and I went out and got 2 kritter keepers and 2 5.5 gal. tanks the kritter keepers are with these demensions, Height 6.63", length 9.13" , and width of 6.00".

OK in each tank is an air stone and in the kritter keepers it is a moss ball. I forgot to mension my 1.5 gal. tank has a bridge in it. The 5.5 with the least healthy fish has a floating log and a rock cave. In the other 5.5 there is a spfenicssorry spelled wrong it has the head of a women with the body of a cat, and a betta leaf. Everything in the tanks is from the main 20 gal. tank.
Guppie luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:10 PM   #2 
Pataflafla

If it's columnaris, slowly bring all the sick fish to 3 tsp/gal aq salt over the course of the day. tomorrow do 100% water change and keep the dose at 3 tsp/gal. Keep the tanks dark and a little colder.

You could also try a medication. I think (not completely sure) maracyn treats columnaris, but I wouldn't initially start out with salt and medication since it might be too much for their systems.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:00 PM   #3 
Pitluvs

My 29g tank got this, 20 fish to treat. I skipped salt and went right to meds. Maracyn will treat columnaris but I am unsure if its the original or type two. I bought both myself just in case. Good luck with whatever you choose. I lost 2 Glowlight males to this, but that wasn't to bad out of 20.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:54 PM   #4 
Guppie luver

Ok so I went stragight to meds its maracyn two for all of them on day two of meds, the girls in the smallest tanks seem ok, preety healthy only one has some areas of it and the girls in the 5.5 are doing better one of them when in the big tank just would rest at the bottem and I would have to do alot before she would movebut now she is up and swimming but she has places to relax so, and they all seem active and eating when I show them food so, I am hopeful.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:29 PM   #5 
Sakura8

Good luck with them! I'll be thinking of them.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:17 AM   #6 
Guppie luver

Thanks I'm really hopeing because 2 of them are from a breeder I had 4 from them. and then one girl I fell in love with at petsmart that is the ones with the least of it are both from petsmart.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:08 AM   #7 
Guppie luver

I lost one girl from petsmart this morning she had it bad. Thank you for all of your help.