Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-18-2011, 07:31 AM   #11 
CrowntailTwitchy57

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmckin20 View Post
Ugh, our Walmart. Thankfully they only keep one or two bettas at a time.. regardless, all of them in filthy conditions. The other fish are terrible too.. I went in and saw these tropical orange fish.. lying at the bottom of their tank. Like they couldn't get up or swim anymore, but were trying their hardest. :C

And then, yesterday, I went in for a heater.. and I saw this guy pretty much shaking this poor betta in its two inches of water. He then proceeded to flick the cup with his finger as hard as he could. I'm standing there, freaking out.. and he puts it down for a second, and then I swoop in and grab him. Poor guy.. he's been hiding under his leaves ever since I got him home.

People are jerks :I
and Walmart.. is a terrible place for bettas.
you should have gone up to him, shook him as hard as you could, flick his forehead as hard as you could and just walk away.
CrowntailTwitchy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:51 AM   #12 
snoopy

I donīt know why you keep on buying in that shop, I have read plenty of time horrible things in that shop.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:31 AM   #13 
Tikibirds

Quote:
I donīt know why you keep on buying in that shop, I have read plenty of time horrible things in that shop.
13 of my 18 fish came from Walmart. Why? Simple. The nearest city is over 400 miles south of here. Its either walmart/petco or nothing.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:39 PM   #14 
Flaretacious

OMG, That is so horrible, I thought that Walmart didn't sell fish anymore? well least the ones where I live don't sell fish there anymore. that is just terrible. :( Walmart doesn't care about their animals "Fish" nor do they care about their employees such a terrible place to get fish. their employees are also under trained and don't know much of anything when you ask questions. "this is why they shouldn't be selling fish. no one even cares about checking on them" they can't even answer about products that their store sells. "so bad"
Flaretacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:00 PM   #15 
hmckin20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowntailTwitchy57 View Post
you should have gone up to him, shook him as hard as you could, flick his forehead as hard as you could and just walk away.
LOL
that would have been priceless!

Walmart is unfortunately the better option compared to our LFS.. we don't have a Petsmart/Petco in our local area. I usually have to drive an hour to Petsmart to get my conditioner every week.
hmckin20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:17 PM   #16 
WiccanWisdom
Banned

So sad!!

I'm so happy that none of the walmarts around me (there are at least 5 in a 40 mile radius) sell fish anymore. They used to, the last one stopped a couple months ago. So I do think walmarts are slowly getting rid of their fish sections.
WiccanWisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:21 PM   #17 
Leeniex

Mine didn't have any bettas last time I was there....hopefully they're gone for good.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:25 PM   #18 
Cutekitti

Mine is getting new fish tanks built starting this week....so that means the fish they have look like crap....or more terrible than usual
Cutekitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #19 
MMAsac
Banned

we have 3 walmarts 2 carry fish one is terribly nasty, and the other one does an awesome job taking care of its fish.
MMAsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:57 PM   #20 
Noemi

my walmart takes awful care of their fish. last time i was there, there were at least twenty dead goldfish sitting in a corner of a tank. the bettas are actually pretty well take care of, but very tiny :( but thankfully people in my tow seem to be always buying bettas, so they don't stay there for long :)
Noemi is offline   Reply With Quote