Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-18-2011, 09:18 PM   #1 
Norichan

Talking TWO new bettas?! =D

I have the sickness. I do. In one week, I purchased not one, but TWO new bettas, and I'm experiencing no regrets. Thought I'd share the joy, hoping to have pictures up within the next week! =D

First there is Kuro. Kuro is a mellow multi-colored delta-tail. For the most part he is a dark, smoky gray. His fins have some streaks of white and red, and are cellophane at the ends. He's positively majestic. He coexists happily in my 16g with a few platies. The only time he flares are when they get too close to his pagoda-gazebo-house... it's like a cranky old guy chasing kids off his lawn. So much love for this fish <3

And then there is another unnamed DT currently living in my dorm. He was so breathtaking I had to have him. He's white with some pale red patches, with a cyan iridescence over that. So, one minute he's sort of rose-and-white, then he's blue, and then when you see all the colors at once he looks lavender. And his fins are white, and so wide it looks like he's constantly waving a couple of folding fans or something. Gorgeous. He's in a filtered, but small tank, and I have plans to upgrade him to something larger in the future. For now I'm not TOO worried because I can commit to the water changes, and because he's quite small- too small to eat pellets, actually.

[/endrant] Thanks for your patience, folks. I just needed to share the joy with fellow enthusiasts.
Norichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:26 PM   #2 
BettaMiah

Haha. Sounds beautiful! As I always say, I wish I could just buy as many Bettas as I wanted, all willy-nilly!!!
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, delta, happy, tail