Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-26-2013, 08:41 PM   #1 
finsNhooves

Christmas gifts

Ok so i have this weird thing where i buy Christmas gifts for my pets. Weird ik :P
Do you guys do that too?
This is my first year with a betta and i am stuck on what to get him. Any suggestions? I was thinking some bloodworms or a zoo med floating betta log. A bigger tank would be nice but that isnt go to happen.
finsNhooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #2 
Racoon293

Buying gifts for your pets isn't weird.
I buy Christmas gifts for my vehicles, now that's weird!
I bought my betta frozen blood worms lat year.
This year I'm gonna get some more live plants and better lighting for the tank.
Racoon293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #3 
TheFishyFoxy

The floating logs have been great in my experience! It allows my boy to stay at the top and get air, and it protects him from the filter current. The hole in the middle is real great, he can get air there, and one time he made a bubble nest!
One thing to keep in mind though is that it does take up quite a bit of surface area. I have a 2.5 minibow and it covers about a third- maybe fourth- of the surface, and that's not including the filter. But the filter is a bit strong and he really likes it, so I'm keeping it. Might take it out for a week at a time if he looks like he is struggling.
Anyways, since I'm done rambling, I always buy my fish presents. Raccoon is the crazy one. ;3 kiddin'
TheFishyFoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:43 PM   #4 
LouiMon

Awww, that's such a good idea! I usually get my cats some treats, but I never thought to get something for Walter.
LouiMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:02 AM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

Special treats like frozen brine shrimp or bloodworms would be nice or a new plant, live or fake.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:39 AM   #6 
Aquatail

I get all my pets a little something for Christmas! The fish are always the hardest to find something for, lol.
Aquatail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:12 AM   #7 
Polkadot

That's not weird at all.I always get all my pets Christmas presents,they are a huge part of my family & I love them. I usually get my bettas a new decoration or new plant & change their tank layout around a little for variety.They also get a nice extra treat on Christmas Day,like an extra pellet or a freeze dried blood worm.
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #8 
peeptoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by finsNhooves View Post
Ok so i have this weird thing where i buy Christmas gifts for my pets. Weird ik :P
Do you guys do that too?
This is my first year with a betta and i am stuck on what to get him. Any suggestions? I was thinking some bloodworms or a zoo med floating betta log. A bigger tank would be nice but that isnt go to happen.
Not weird at all. I always get the cat a gift, and this is my first year with a betta, so he will get a gift too. Probably a new plant for his tank since I rotate the environment so he doesn't get bored and bite his fins off.
peeptoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:11 PM   #9 
Siobhan

I probably spend more time and thought on what to get my furred/finned/feathered/slimy (that one's the snails, LOL) babies for Christmas than I do on the humans, because for one thing, the fids can't tell me what they want. I have every intention of buying presents for the fish as well as the birds and dogs. I was thinking some more plants for their tanks. I like the way they look with two plants and a hidey apiece, but they would probably prefer having more plants. The dogs are getting new beds and special treats. The birds are getting new lighting. And the snails are getting a bigger tank.
Siobhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:17 PM   #10 
finsNhooves

Ive decided what to get pets:
The betta- bloodworms and some plants
The dog- new collar and treats
The guinea pigs- treat sticks
The birds- rope perch and millet
finsNhooves is offline   Reply With Quote