Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-17-2011, 04:44 PM   #1 
Miyazawa

about using AQ salt for newly bought fish

Im wondering if you can put 1tsp of salt in a gallon of water for fish that you just bought from petco since you know they are in those gross looking container......I just want to do this as a precaution since my last fish died from a disease that infected him before i put him in my tank
Miyazawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:46 PM   #2 
Dozzem

You can, just make sure you pre-mix it before you put it with your fish. It should be fine and I am sorry about your last fish D:
Dozzem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:49 PM   #3 
Oldfishlady

While it is not recommended to use long term-if the Betta seems to be ill or not as perking as you think it should be now that he has better water quality....a week in some premixed sodium chloride dosed at 1tsp/gall along with either 50-100% daily water changes will not hurt, however, it may not prevent anything either....Be sure to slow acclimate him to the premixed salt.......I wouldn't use it longer than 10 days and once the QT is over-do a slow acclimation back to the fresh water.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:47 PM   #4 
Myates

I would recommend just using stress coat in his new home. That and tannins to boost his immune system.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:11 PM   #5 
teasell

I was wondering where every one gets these indian almosd leaves in the USA. I know they are sold on ebay but most are from foreign sellers and some do not make it through Customs....Thanks

In the mean time I have found some oak leaves in my sons yard how do I clean them so they will be safe to put in my Betta's tank
teasell is offline   Reply With Quote