Tisia

yes, lol. I've found trails of it along plants and such as well
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:25 PM   #43 
ggriffin411

Smile Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Hi ggriffin and welcome to the forum. Wow, a banded cory! I'd love one but I'm lucky if I find a cory that's not an albino bronze cory. And 17, that's amazing.
My guy is probably out of fashion now. He's seen a lot of tank mates come and go but he's still scuttling along. I'm very protective of him because he's so old so when my Betta girl started pestering him I shut her off in her own section of the tank.

gg
ggriffin411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:37 PM   #44 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggriffin411 View Post
My guy is probably out of fashion now. He's seen a lot of tank mates come and go but he's still scuttling along. I'm very protective of him because he's so old so when my Betta girl started pestering him I shut her off in her own section of the tank.

gg
I had no idea a cory cat could live that long. O.O I'm amazed.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:20 PM   #45 
Micho

So changed it up a bit now:

1 male Betta
6 Neon Tetras
4 Cories
1 Nerite or mystery snail

The mystery snails I saw were small. . While the Nerites were big! I don't know how to feed my snail though? Do they eat the sinking wafer like my Cories will?
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:34 PM   #46 
Tisia

mystery snails end up getting pretty big, think nerites stay smaller. I generally just throw a bit of veggies in a bit of water and microwave for about 30 seconds and throw it in once it's cooled. stuff like spinach and zucchini are great because they have a lot of calcium which they need for their shells
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:36 PM   #47 
Micho

So. . I really want to move Jake into the 10 gallon tank now. I got three plants today and it already looks great. The thing is that I'm scared he'll establish his territory and when I add in my other fish he'll kill them all!

Or am I just being over dramatic?
Old 09-21-2011, 10:52 PM   #48 
Sakura8

You can add Jake in now if you want and when you are ready to get the first fish, take Jake out and maybe rearrange the decor a bit. Add the new fish in, wait a while for them to get established, and then add Jake in. That way, he's the new fish on the block again.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:01 PM   #49 
BettaMiah

Still WAY to many! Are you listening to me? Please, please take my advice! No Corys or Neons!!! And Snail is a horrible choice also. Shrimp are better.

Please, unless you aim to be the queen of overstocking, don't!!!
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:14 PM   #50 
Micho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
You can add Jake in now if you want and when you are ready to get the first fish, take Jake out and maybe rearrange the decor a bit. Add the new fish in, wait a while for them to get established, and then add Jake in. That way, he's the new fish on the block again.
Yeah cause I was kinda wasting electricity, one big empty ten gallon tank that has the heater and filter running while the two gallon with Jake had the same thing either, so I'll just do what you suggested so he won't be a meanie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaMiah View Post
Still WAY to many! Are you listening to me? Please, please take my advice! No Corys or Neons!!! And Snail is a horrible choice also. Shrimp are better.

Please, unless you aim to be the queen of overstocking, don't!!!
._________.; I dunno about you, but. . You've been the only one to say that I'm overstocking by a whole lot. I know I'm overstocking by a tad, the lady at my PFS told me I was, and I should reduce the size of Cories by one, or so. . . But out of asking a lot of people they don't think I'm overstocking. Many people have community tanks in 10 gallons with a Betta and it seems to be successful.

A ten gallon to Jake himself is quite, grand actually. . Shrimps will have their own tank once I get them and I'll add them to the tank after they reproduce. But I'm still getting the Neons and Cories, I'm just not gonna get a snail.