Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-19-2011, 12:09 PM   #1 
Fieldz

Post How do bettas arrive alive from Thailand?

I live in Brazil and was thinking if it was even possible to buy a betta from Thailand and get him to Brazil alive. 20 Hours of airplane I think, not sure though.
Fieldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:23 PM   #2 
HatsuneMiku

the travel is very stressful for bettas .. usually they will arrive at the transshipper first (you'll have to find one that has a transhipper in brazil or one that lives closer to you) .. then the transshipper will mail it to you ..

many sellers warn that bettas might tail bite and become lethargic during shipping .. but will re-color and regrow their tail .. after unstressing .. also note the time of year you are getting ur betta shipped .. if it's too hot or too cold .. request a heat or cold pack depending on the weather

also, look for a seller that has a replacement policy cus it is possible that DOA can happen .. since even though bettas are hartly fish .. some just can't handle the shipping ..

good luck ^_^
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:28 PM   #3 
Fieldz

Thanks. I already have a betta anyway. I just saw this: http://www.atisonbetta.com/stock1.asp site with some REALLY REALLY REALLY pretty bettas that are from Thailand, so I was thinking.

Last edited by Fieldz; 09-19-2011 at 12:38 PM.
Fieldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:30 PM   #4 
HatsuneMiku

hehe yea aquabid is so tempting .. and shipping cost usually cost more then the betta @_@ ..
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:44 PM   #5 
cajunamy
Banned

I have recieved probably over 20 bettas in the mail, at least 3/4 from Thailand. The only one that ever tailbit in shipping was from the US.

Those Thai bettas are really strong. So they arrive in great condition. Also they are well packaged.
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:06 PM   #6 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunamy View Post
I have recieved probably over 20 bettas in the mail, at least 3/4 from Thailand. The only one that ever tailbit in shipping was from the US.

Those Thai bettas are really strong. So they arrive in great condition. Also they are well packaged.
i agree, i only got 1 betta from thailand the other 2 are local purchase (birthplace unkonwn). my AB DT had some minor biting ie my avatar. his tail was bitten pretty bad a week after shipping but its doing much better and healing (both caudals and dorsal). i was quite surprised he only had that small patch on the bottom caudal. the betta cost $25 +$5 then $20 to get to Montreal. there are quite a few DTs nearby but they're called lyre tails.

i know just how bad aquabid can be for me, i couldnt get my DT off my mind much like a sudden addiction to get it no matter what :(.

Last edited by nel3; 09-19-2011 at 05:11 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote