Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-18-2011, 03:37 PM   #1 
Littlebittyfish

Divider ideas needed

I have so many questions today!
ok, I went to Michael's craft store today in search of plastic canvas to make my dividers out of....They didn't have the stuff I needed, they had the cloth kind but not the plastic... I never would have thought the stuff was so hard to come by...The last divider I made I used craft mesh that I found at a thrift store.
Is there something else besides plexiglass and the plastic canvas I can use to make my dividers?
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #2 
Loralyn94

these here: http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/d...ividers-21866/ seem like an awesome and cheap way to make dividers.

I was looking at posts one day and another forum member shared the link and I thought they were reall cool so I had to bookmark it!

Hope it helps. :)
Loralyn94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:26 PM   #3 
Littlebittyfish

That is the tutorial I have used for my other tank...I am having troubles finding the plastic canvas/mesh though. I will probably end up buying it online I think...Now, my only problem is that the sheets are 2" shorter than I need them to be(dividing a 20 gallon)....What is the best way to connect the mesh so that there are no gaps for betta to get through?
Old 09-18-2011, 08:48 PM   #4 
Loralyn94

Ah, hm well thats no good. I saw (it may have been in the comments on the tutorial) that people were sewing them together with fishing line. YOu might also be able to "glue" them with some sort of aquarium sealent or something :/ Not sure if thats much help, if I can think of anything else then I'll definitely post back.
Loralyn94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:02 PM   #5 
Pitluvs

Are you asking for help to find them?? My Michaels doesn't have the plastic with the cloth ones, they are wayyyy over in the wool and knitting section away from the needle point stuff. I had to ask for help to find them LOL

You can always silicone two sheets over lapping each other. Just made sure its clean and safe.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:10 PM   #6 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
Are you asking for help to find them?? My Michaels doesn't have the plastic with the cloth ones, they are wayyyy over in the wool and knitting section away from the needle point stuff. I had to ask for help to find them LOL

You can always silicone two sheets over lapping each other. Just made sure its clean and safe.
LOL. I will have to check over there next time. I just figured if they had them they would have been over near the other cloth cross stitch stuff....I did find some cool glass marbles though.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:17 PM   #7 
Pitluvs

Same here, I searched for 20mins and ended up asking some guy. I couldn't leave without them, I had a second betta coming and no spare tank. I looked by the threads and everything. A lot of work for an $0.80 piece of plastic!

I use glass marbles on my tanks too, cost $10 for four 1.5g tanks. Well glass rocks thingies.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote