So, I went and bought my first test kit today. Andd I tested my first tank... and I'm pretty certain it's at .25 ppm. I've read that's harmful, so I'm a little worried. o_o
The instructions for my test kit said API Ammo Lock will "convert the ammonia into a non-toxic form" while allowing biological filter to consume non-toxic ammonia, converting it to nitrite and then nitrate.
So, experienced aquarist community, has anyone used API Ammo Lock? Is it legit?
And my water- should I do a water change or should I do a 100% to lower the level?
Also, can I test more than one tank with the same tube? Do I just rinse it out?