Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-20-2011, 09:31 AM   #21 
fleetfish

When I think of a beautiful female betta, I remember my Luthien. She was a pure white opaque with enough personality and sass to fill the room and then some. There have been many, many female bettas in my life and each one was gorgeous. I now have Gertrude, who is a normal PK lady ... but she has green irridesence and bright red fins. I dare you to tell her she's ugly ... because she'll bite your finger off! :P
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:51 AM   #22 
BettaGirl290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytkattin View Post
I have seen some grown females that don't look exactly glamorous... I like to think of them as viking women... Idk.

If I could have more than 2 fish I totally would have a female. I almost got a female when I bought my most recent boy, but I worry about her having problems with eggs and such, especially living next to a male. Plus the female I wanted was more spookish than the male I ended up getting. So I look for personality more than color. :)
LOL viking women.
BettaGirl290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:13 AM   #23 
fleetfish

OMG, so true :D
I'm pretty sure Grrrtrude would compliment you if you compared her to a Viking woman.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:17 AM   #24 
Sena Hansler

Hahaha!! Yeah Madame doesn't LOOK like a viking (other than being a pretty big husky girl) but her attitude says otherwise...
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:21 PM   #25 
WiccanWisdom
Banned

Unfortunately (as a general rule) females aren't as colorful as the males, and they also stress a lot easier then males, so when you see them in the stores they tend to be pale and stressed and people just pass over them without giving them a chance.

There are a few breeders who are really focusing on improving the look of females, lengthening the fins and improving the colors, which is very excited! I love females. Nothing makes me happier then a big sorority filled with girlies!
WiccanWisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:40 PM   #26 
Sena Hansler

That's true. I got Madame when she was sooo much bigger, so she had her colors (no matter faded, but still visible), but my four girlies (one is in trouble for swallowing food whole....) are "bland" lol. Although slowly they are showing colors!!!!
Old 09-20-2011, 01:55 PM   #27 
pinkcupid765

I have no idea!!! Females, to me, are just as gorgeous as the guys!!! >:((((
pinkcupid765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:12 PM   #28 
Sena Hansler

All well, might be like why people prefer the "painted tetras" (injection or actually hand painted... both quite bad for the fishy, and the injection lowers lifespan a lot of the time) over a regular skirted tetra D: for color and appealing...ness...