Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-20-2011, 09:12 PM   #1 
Pitluvs

You know your a regular when...

So went to the LPS tonight to pick up two new girls. I saw some Marina 2.5g tanks, the Alien ones on sale for $20, regular $59.99. I thought about buying one, but I'd need the $20 light too. I decided to get the guy to ring up two bettas, the tank and the light with my aquarium club discount. Price sounded good and I walked out with my loot.

I got home and realised it sounded cheaper than it should have. $20 tank, $20 light, $11 in bettas plus 15% tax. My total was $43 and change. Turns out he made a mistake ringing it in. I called back and he said I was never there tonight and to have a nice night lol You know your a regular when you get a full Marina goldfish kit for $10.74... Just in time for my new hm boy tomorrow! $30 for a full set up minus heater, not bad.

Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:34 PM   #2 
adamxaotmic

Nice "steal". lol.
It's nice when you get unexpected deals like that.
I had a computer case that was faulty. I harassed one of their support guys to the point where he just sent me another one free of charge.
adamxaotmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:54 PM   #3 
Pitluvs

I did the right thing, I called to correct haha I recently sent a letter to Tetra about no plants in the Canadian version of the 1.5g they carry. They sent me 16 plants from 4-12". Free or cheap stuff rules especially when you buy from a store for all your pets, over $250 a month and they give you an amazing break. Or he pittys my fiance, either way, score.

Oh and I hounded a guy for a month to buy his 50g tank... He ended up giving le it for free to stop the emails.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:53 PM   #4 
Smokey65662

I have yet to luck out like this, esp. with computer stuff....I could use a free case or something with all the money ive put into the computer industry xD
Smokey65662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:58 PM   #5 
Yaoilover12397

lol same. Well it may come to me....I spent $90 at an LPS only for all the fish to die due to a workers theres instructions. So they gave me something free to fix the tank issue and am going back later this week to see abotu fixing the other issues. My mom is like, We will be back and you can tell me how your going to make this $90 woth of now dead fish up to me.
Yaoilover12397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:07 PM   #6 
Smokey65662

What happened to all your fish? :/
Smokey65662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:57 AM   #7 
adamxaotmic

@Pitluvs
You did the right thing by calling them back. If I owned a store and someone called with the same issue, I would probably let them keep the stuff as well just because the integrity and morality they showed. Not a lot of people have that now days.
adamxaotmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:12 AM   #8 
Pitluvs

I find 9 times out of 10 if you're honest, it works out in your favor. Would you believe my fiance said I would have saved money if I didn't buy the tank? But he didn't squack over me buying him his fav tv show season on dvd. I say I saved $50 cause I would have bought it anyways muhaha
Old 09-21-2011, 02:11 AM   #9 
thePWNISHER

Similar story today, Cute short haired blond girl at the gas station adjacent to my apartments gave me a refill today when I picked up a $6 refillable thermos mug. She just gave me a smile when she told me the price and it was letting me know to not mention it. Too bad she hasn't seen me in there with my wife and kids. Oh well, :)
thePWNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:33 AM   #10 
Yaoilover12397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey65662 View Post
What happened to all your fish? :/
They passed away. It wasn't all of them but most of my fish, the rest are slowly getting better and I'm taking care of them.

It's a really sucky story >.< So now when I go to my LPS I'm only using the head fo the fish area to help me pick out stuff or ask questions.
Yaoilover12397 is offline   Reply With Quote