Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-19-2011, 09:14 PM   #1 
puppyrjjkm

Exclamation Need live plant help! (again)

Wow it's been a while since I've posted! Hope everyone's fish are doing fabulous! Anyway on to my questions...

I began the adventure of live plants this summer and have them growing like crazy in my 10 gallon with 6500K energy smart bulbs from walmart. I began transferring plants to my 29 gal community and used a floramax bulb from petsmart. Plants did great for the first 2 months, now I am starting to see leaves browning. I put a lot of $ into these plants so I was wondering what sort of bulb I could use instead. Are there any "tube" lights like the energy smart ones I bought from walmart that would work? I also saw a dual light strip at petsmart. Comes with a Colormax tube as well as a 6500K daylight tube. I'd rather not spend the $70 for it but has anyone had experience with it?

I just think since the 29 gallon is so deep the light can't get down far enough..

On a another subject:
I'm looking to setup my 20 gallon long once again and was wondering if the floramax bulb would do well in this tank instead since it's only as deep as a 10 gallon?

THANKS!
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote