Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-21-2011, 10:26 PM   #31 
Sena Hansler

Tracy yeah I noticed that... My friend's blind betta sulks in a bigger tank. He likes his 1.5 gallons... I don't. But, better than him sulking and not doing anything. We got him a mini heater, and he is pretty good.

Like I said personally I have had and do have bowls (2 gallon so-called goldfish bowls), but I have tanks too. Plus I like to add stuff, and make it interesting for the fishies :p and I spoil them... XD if I had room, I want to get one of those pond things and get some girlies, live plants, etc :) because it's ascetically pleasing.

However I have seen betta fish in shoe heels, and necklace pendants (from this site) and I do strongly disagree with something like that.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:41 PM   #32 
dramaqueen
Banned

The advantages that a larger tank has besides more room to swim is that you can put in more plants and decorations and make it really nice.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:46 PM   #33 
Sena Hansler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
The advantages that a larger tank has besides more room to swim is that you can put in more plants and decorations and make it really nice.

I totally agree. My one friend, her betta died because a plant was put in a small area and he got stuck, and suffocated D: which then... She fathers a bigger space for a betta, so she can make it look nice and keep him alive. This doesn't always happen... But it can >< then again my weirdo female Tina likes the curly shell to hide IN o.O
Old 09-21-2011, 10:54 PM   #34 
Pitluvs

I can see the argument on smaller tanks, holy It's hard putting around that much water on water change day LOL I have it down to a science though. I have four 1.5g, a 1g, 1g QT, 0.8g QT and a 2.65g. But it gives me something to do. With three larger cycled tanks, I have so many different water changes its confusing. In the past I had one betta girl in a 1g and one male betta in a 29g community with Silver Dollars. As long as they are healthy and have room for plant and somewhere to hide, I'm cool. Sorry that other forum ripped you a new one they have no business ripping. Your tank could be better taken care of than their fancy big tanks!
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:58 PM   #35 
Sena Hansler

Agreed with pitluvs. Someone can have some fancy 20 gallon with adjustable heater and filter, and all planted tank... But they could maybe be lazy and not clean it when they should. You on the other hand probably do darn good with your smaller one :)

But yeah I don't have time for 9 bowls xD
Old 09-21-2011, 11:48 PM   #36 
ArcticRain

Thanks everyone! I just checked the forum again. Someone said I have a case of "Pet Care Denial". They said I was scammed into buying my "little tiny tank kit" and that even though the little tanks look cute "No fish alive could survive in a tank that small". They recommended that I take my Betta back to the store and not buy a new one until I buy the proper 10 gallon tank that a Betta needs.
ArcticRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:55 PM   #37 
Sena Hansler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticRain View Post
Thanks everyone! I just checked the forum again. Someone said I have a case of "Pet Care Denial". They said I was scammed into buying my "little tiny tank kit" and that even though the little tanks look cute "No fish alive could survive in a tank that small". They recommended that I take my Betta back to the store and not buy a new one until I buy the proper 10 gallon tank that a Betta needs.

Tell them to stop picking their noses and get their finger out of their bumb. Because they are sounding ridiculous.

Is this perhaps the yahoo answers? I answered someone who asked what fishie they could have with a betta in a 2.5. I did tell them they needed minimum 5 gallons if they wanted another fishie, but their tank is just fine lol. I'm nicer in my approach, the others.. I don't do the "you're so stupid" I do the "sorry, but... (backed with reason)"
Old 09-22-2011, 12:02 AM   #38 
Luimeril

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
that's why i ADORE my bigger tanks! i can decorate them, get them caves and such, and make them look pretty. in Lulu's gallon, she only gets two plants, and i hate that. D: she seems to really like the two i have in there now, though. she's really dark, active, and wiggles at me every time she sees me. :3

as for the OP, as long as you do frequent water changes, you're fine until you can affor a bigger tank. a 2 gallon Kritter Keeper is only about $11 or so. :3
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:22 AM   #39 
ArcticRain

Sena Hansler - Haha! Yep, that's the one! I admit it is one of the least monitored of all websites i have visted. But, I would still think a person would I have the mind to not be so rude! Even if they are on the Internet!
ArcticRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:27 AM   #40 
cajunamy
Banned

le sigh.

This is really going to go nowhere.
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote