Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #11 
Bettaluver4evr

Okay, I'll try to accept you. :) She's sleeping right now, tired baby. I'll hold her later tonight. <3 Miracle sounds like a sweet pea! :D Did you name the other two babies kathstew?
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:29 PM   #12 
kathstew

Wow! Pitluvs, thats quite expensive! I didn't know beardies were so expensive!
Definitely gonna wait til I get a job :P

I haven't named the newer baby (the tremper) but the normal leo is Nina. :)
It took me about three months to name Nina LOL. I don't know why. :P
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:32 PM   #13 
Pitluvs

That's just at pets unlimited or pjs pets... I am unsure of other places LOL
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:21 PM   #14 
Bettaluver4evr

Nina! What a pretty name. :) I absolutely love the Tremper... hmmmm... how about Dot, Lily, Thorn, Dragon, Fluffy, Eclipse, Bree, Boulder, Rune, IceFire, Luna... as you can see I am completely out of ideas. :D Haha. I really like her that one though, gorgeous. I wanna see some more pics of Miracle pleeeeease! <3
Old 09-23-2011, 07:33 PM   #15 
ThePearlFish

This is Rainier, but I call him MLM or Mista Lizad Man (the only time Icall him Rainier is when I make an appt. at the vets for him :P)

He is ~8/9 yrs old. I got him from my friend who got him from her college's bio dept. Apparently he had a few homes prior to when she got him and he lost his tail as a youngster when he lived with another male beardie AND a female beardie in the same tank. He also supposedly bit someone so hard they went to the hospital, and so my friend said his name was Stitch cus of his "multiple personalities"

How I got him was my friend's college didn't allow reptiles in the dorms anymore so I was watching him for her. She gave me his 20g LONG tank with the sand in it. Yes, He lived in a 20g long as an adult for a while...

After a couple months, she called me and told me that she couldn't afford to keep him anymore and was going to list him for sale on CL but decided to call me 1st and see if I wanted him. I told her no way was she going to give him away he was mine from now on and I'd NEVER send him another home again, he had his forever home.

I moved him into a 120g tank (but later moved him into a 40g breeder) and got him off the sand, the crappy petsmart crickets he was eating created such a huge parasite load that I spent quite a lot of money ridding him of them and even syringe fed him for weeks with critical care and meds. Now, because of all that his digestive system is messed up now. He seems to do well with life though.

He has NEVER bitten me once in the few years I have had him and loves to sleep and snuggle with me. He acts like a big tough old man, but underneath is a teddy bear :)

I wanted to post the pic of him eating a piece of mango, but I couldn't find it.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:47 PM   #16 
Bettaluver4evr

Awwww! That's so sad that he was kept in those conditions and with those other beardies, eeeek! :( But he looks great, nice and healthy. :) And Spikette is doing much better with holding everyone! :D She crawls right on our hands if we have a worm and she'll sit in our hands or on our shoulders for a while. :) Much, much better. And Pepper is being a little dear. <3
Old 09-23-2011, 07:55 PM   #17 
Trobar

BEAUTIFUL!! I had a Beardie named Ryo for 13 yearsl They are one of easiest reptiles to own. He did have a 40" x 18" x 18" tank with driftwood, fake plants, day lamp, night lamp and a heat lamp. The base was play sand (from Home Depot) changed couple times a year. The only things I have EVER fed my Ryo was crickets and a salad made up of kale, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and seasonal veggies.
Trobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:22 AM   #18 
guardianfyre

No leopard geckos or beardies in my life (except at the store) but I do have African Fat Tail Geckos.

Here's one of my males and his two fems. Riley is the big guy in the center. Edana is on the right, Zuri is on the upper left.
guardianfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:45 AM   #19 
Bettaluver4evr

Wow! 13 years with a Beardie seems pretty good! :) And those AFT's are soooo gorgeous! <3 I saw a big one the other day at petco, wanted her so badly. Sadly I'm limited to just 1 for now.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:51 PM   #20 
ThePearlFish

is a 40g breeder too big for a Leo or AFT gecko?

I am thinking of what to do with my Beardie's tank after he passes away in a few years if I decide against a community fish tank. I don't want another beardie after mine goes.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote