Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-21-2011, 10:41 PM   #21 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MybettaSapphire View Post
Mine get Harlan Teklad as their staple, and then small rattie sized portions of what we have, mostly veggies. My boys actually don't like human food much, veggies included. The girls love veggies though, and brown rice, stuff like that.
We feed HT too, and Living World Extursion for hamsters. You are so awesome. I wish we could have girls but not enough money for neuters lol What sorta cage do you have? Say CN or FN and you'll amaze me.

I admit my doh means more to me than all my pets, even the cat I've had for longer. But me and my dog have been through so Mich in the last 7 years. There are days I thank her for keeping me alive, because without the fear of who would care for her, I don't know how things would have turned out. I can't see that attachment with my bettas, but I love and care for them the same, they get the best I can give. I sit with each one whereat and talk to them. Friends think I'm crazy. 27yr old mother of 2 baby talking fish lol
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:27 PM   #22 
Mars788

Dol means a -lot- to me, no small feat for a creature I wasn't even sure about at the beginning, and one that's been in my life for just shy of two weeks. It's been an emotional two weeks, though. Yet every time I look at him and see him swimming about all happy-like, something weird happens: -I- feel happy.
Mars788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:32 PM   #23 
MybettaSapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
We feed HT too, and Living World Extursion for hamsters. You are so awesome. I wish we could have girls but not enough money for neuters lol What sorta cage do you have? Say CN or FN and you'll amaze me.
Prepare to be amazed, I'm actually getting their new single CN in the mail tomorrow! They're currently in separate cages as the boys are getting neutered tomorrow, and they'll be separated for a few weeks, and then one big happy family. Tell me about it though, on costs for neutering. For a check up and the actual neuter and pain meds, it's over 200 bucks for two boys. Sigh...but it's worth it because the boys are rescues who were originally from a pet store I think, so their hormones are driving them crazy. I think after this generation it's just boys or girls though.
MybettaSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:30 AM   #24 
metalbetta

I guess the long and short of it is that I feel good making a difference in the life of a being who wouldn't have been helped otherwise. Not to mention bettas are just awesome little creatures that don't deserve the rep or care they're given. It's also nice that there are no two that look exactly alike. Unlike what you see in goldfish, tetras, etc...
In return they make my day suck less by just doing what they do. I feel like I've got a pretty good connection with the ones I've got.
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:17 AM   #25 
Potential4Evil

Oh when Chum-Fu died 2 weeks after getting him I sobbed for 2 days straight that even my boyfriend couldnt console me. I live in a apt off campus with just me. Course now I have Bal and Ra, with Capt Nemo and Misty (fostering ferret) but I couldnt survive my apt without the boys....Especially after being home with 2 cats that snuggle with you
Potential4Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:24 PM   #26 
sarahbeth1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbetta View Post
I guess the long and short of it is that I feel good making a difference in the life of a being who wouldn't have been helped otherwise. Not to mention bettas are just awesome little creatures that don't deserve the rep or care they're given. It's also nice that there are no two that look exactly alike. Unlike what you see in goldfish, tetras, etc...
In return they make my day suck less by just doing what they do. I feel like I've got a pretty good connection with the ones I've got.
My boy, Argo, is such a joy! I love him as much as I love my dog, but in a different sorta way. Now I cannot imagine life without a Betta.
sarahbeth1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:01 PM   #27 
fleetfish

They are beautiful, curious, brave little souls. And they make me laugh every day, no matter how bad it's been.
fleetfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:17 PM   #28 
betta lover1507

well... my betta's are the only thing i own and keeping me from being depressed and crazy, because my past is very horrible and i try to refuse to think about but it is hard, so i have my fish that relaxes me and am attached to them, i will over react of one dies. there really the only thing i have besides a dog i really don't see and non-betta fish that i have with my females. it is fun watching them i will tell the rest later..
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:36 PM   #29 
UrbanHavok

Some of these stories bought tears to my eyes. They truly are beautiful.

I can't have dogs or cats in my building, so my hubby suggested fish. We found Spike and Spud at PetSmart swimming around in horribly small cups. We originally were only going to have Spike but when we saw Spud we had to have him. They're my children. I love them to death (even though I'm still learning to care for them.)
UrbanHavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:52 PM   #30 
sarahbeth1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanHavok View Post
Some of these stories bought tears to my eyes. They truly are beautiful.

I can't have dogs or cats in my building, so my hubby suggested fish. We found Spike and Spud at PetSmart swimming around in horribly small cups. We originally were only going to have Spike but when we saw Spud we had to have him. They're my children. I love them to death (even though I'm still learning to care for them.)
My boy was a Petsmart rescue, too. I'd always wanted a Betta, and when I saw him, he just somehow "called" to me. I'd kept goldfish in the past , but never any other fish. A roommate in college had a betta whom I loved.
I am still learning to care for bettas & am loving it!
sarahbeth1976 is offline   Reply With Quote