Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-30-2011, 05:12 PM   #1 
vaygirl

Tango I never wanted to write this! (lot of pics)

I got him at Petco in February 09. He was the most frisky fish in the store. I'd never wanted a peach colored betta. I didn't even know what a dalmatian was. I was a noobie betta keeper. For six months he lived in a 1.5 cube with weekly water changes. He was always interested in everything going on.

Then... 16 gallon. Lost betta in a huge tank!

I learned about live plants and set about creating a betta paradise. He made that tank his own. Every day was a nirvana of hunting and exploring.

He grew a tail everyone came to envy.

Eventually he got old and grouchy and had to be moved away from the corys who he started harassing. If I had it to do over, he would have remained alone.

He got his own 5 gallon, all planted and lovely. He spent just about every single day playing in that filter.

He got sick for a few weeks a while back. He was saved with strong antibiotics. He lived for a long while after but he'd have relapses. He was a sad, sad man in this picture.

Eventually that tail started to come back in curlies.

He had lots of time to play and live, still. Here's a video taken about a month ago of him and his filter love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMDkct_vzaM

He got sick again right before I had to leave for vacation and I treated him one last time. He seemed fine when I left. He was perky and playing. He was eating fine and patrolling and flaring as usual. He was resting a lot but he'd been through pineconing and infection.

I came home today to find him gone. He looked like he was sleeping in his wisteria plant. He must have passed this morning because he had no decay. His eyes were even clear and looking out at the world. He was 3 years old. He was my first betta and very, very dear to me. Everything I learned was thanks to him. He will be missed every day. <3 you Tango.

vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:19 PM   #2 
fightergirl2710

I'm all teary after reading that. :(
I'm sorry Vaygirl, he was such an awesome little guy, I'm going to miss all the antics you used to tell us about him. Such a beautiful boy. RIP <3
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:20 PM   #3 
xswornxoffxjello

Oh Janine I'm so so sorry. He had a great life with you and we all loved him. <3 <3 <3 Swim free Tango.
xswornxoffxjello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:43 PM   #4 
1fish2fish

Ah crap... I finally stopped tearing up every time I thought about it like 20 minutes ago.. now here I go again.

He and Fish are out there under that bridge grumping around acting like they own the place.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:46 PM   #5 
Leeniex

I'm sooo sorry!! You gave him a wonderful life. If only every fish was as loved as he was.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:47 PM   #6 
vaygirl

Aw, I like that. Old grumps. Grumping about "Get off my lawn!!!" <3 Didn't mean to make you tear up again. I am too. So much crying.

Thanks guys, so much! <3
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:59 PM   #7 
cajunamy
Banned

RIP beautiful boy
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:31 PM   #8 
Ajones108

Awwww Vaygirl, I'm crying! So sorry to hear of your loss. I loved Tango too. The most beautiful VT I've ever seen.
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:35 PM   #9 
nochoramet

I can just see him and Fish being adorable ol' grumps together <3 RIP my favoritest fish :(
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:55 PM   #10 
CodeRed

Tango has always been my favorite fish on the forum, and I'm going to miss hearing about his antics... But you certainly gave him an amazing life, living in a paradise surrounded by love (: But he's also no longer in pain, and sometimes thats the best of all. Rip, Tango.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote