Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-20-2011, 11:54 PM   #1 
MinibotLove

Don't know what happened...

Dirge had been acting shy for quite a while. When the sorority was first set up, she kept to the corners and would stay near the bottom, or in hiding in her moonrock, or hiding out behind the breeder trap where Starscream was being kept in a last ditch effort to socialize her, and I worried she was being bullied by the other girls so I took her out and put her by herself in one of my qt tanks with a little touch of aquarium salt and stress coat in the hopes it would calm her down and make her feel better. She perked up a little but she was still sulking around the bottom of the bowl, but she was eating fine and swimming around at times so I didn't think too much of it. My QT tanks are pretty bare, I figured she was bored.

When I started moving girls to the 20 gal, I added her back to the group, and she went right behind the breeder net and stayed there. Since my smaller bowls were being used by my new girl and Starscream until I can get the 10 gal set up again, I put her into the breeder yesterday to keep the other girls from bullying her because I thought that was what was still going on. She was eating fine until this evening when I came home for lunch to feed the girls. She was laying on the bottom of the net on her side, all gray and black. No signs of rot or ick or velvet or anything that I could find, though her tummy seemed a little big. I'm suspecting parasites or something or maybe she was just sick... I don't know...

I feel bad for not doing more, for being oblivious, thinking it was just stress of moving tanks and the other girls... I should have done more to try to help her, and next time I'll know better... but still... sorry, Dirge...
MinibotLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:31 PM   #2 
Bresn

Did she die?
Bresn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:17 AM   #3 
MinibotLove

yes =< she died.
MinibotLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:02 PM   #4 
Bresn

Oh...
Bresn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:40 PM   #5 
tsoto80

Wow a lot of sympathy you got there Bresn

I am so sorry for you loss Minibot. It is always hard when we lose something dear to us. She will be greatly missed. *hugs*
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:33 AM   #6 
cajunamy
Banned

So sorry you lost her :( I've had a rash of fish deaths recently as well
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry about Dirge.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote