Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-21-2011, 12:16 AM   #1 
heybri

How do bettas act when being medicated?

Hello all,

I have done a search on this and read through the stickies so if this was answered elsewhere I greatly apologize (And I hope this is in the right place). e_e;

I'm simply curious as to how a betta may act when being medicated. There may be a lot of variables into this. The reason I'm asking is I'm dealing with my first sick boy who is a little DT. I'm on day 2 of treatment.

He used to only stay at the top of the water and seldom move, nor eat. And since the medication he still stays on the top but he's starting to swim down into his plant now and then. He's also eating again so I wanted to check if this was a "normal" start since this is my first time dealing with an ill betta.

Thank you.
heybri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:09 PM   #2 
Myates

Yes, that is a good sign that he is moving around and eating. What treatment is he on and for what, may I ask? And welcome to the forums!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:47 PM   #3 
heybri

Thank you for the answer; but alas he passed today. :<

I got him young and he was colorless and had clamped fins from the start. With the way his symptoms were it was definitely bacterial, so I used some of those droplets that have neomycin, malachite green and cyanocobalamin in them. I'm not sure how long he was sick before I got him and I feel bad that he passed but at least some attempt was made at recovery. I just really thought he was doing better.

I will probably wait and work with just my CT now and become more comfortable with them before I try to doctor one again. I just kinda figured since the last betta I had lasted a few years and was awfully healthy that I may have had a chance. >_>;;
Old 09-21-2011, 08:50 PM   #4 
Littlebittyfish

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:12 PM   #5 
heybri

Thank you Littlebittyfishy I appreciate your condolences. Considering how sick he looked, I'm going to hope that he's in a better place. :<