Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-21-2011, 09:43 PM   #1 
Pitluvs

New additions!

I wanted to share my new additions, I am so thrilled to have them. Yuki and Suki are from the local pet store, they are in rough shape. Yuki was at the bottom of the tank gasping, so I had to take her home. Suki is torn up pretty bad, the last time I saw her at the store a large orchard girl grabbed her, shook her and tossed her across the tank. I need to get her out too. They are in QT.

http://youtu.be/SqjzNCqu0JQ .:Sorry for videos, can't get pics with my phone:.

Next is Tatsu, Yoshie and Kaida. Kaida has her own video, Tatsu and Yoshie are together in a video. These girls are from a local breeder, crazy4bettas is her online name. They are huge and beautiful. If I plan to breed, Kaida is my first choice as she would produce some marble, although Tatsu is her sister. They are loving the tank.

http://youtu.be/0h_7ufpiguk
http://youtu.be/HwPl2TSIko4

And last is Spidey! I just love this guy. He's a little down but I hope he comes around. He handled the shipping well. I have been waiting months for him.

http://youtu.be/1iNgARpEpL4

And here's there tanks. I used what I had left from the other tanks. I'll work with the female tank.

And Spidey's tank $30 tank lol

And my bedroom is taken over...

Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:05 AM   #2 
copperarabian

wow, those look really nice, I love how dense all of your fake plants are :D it makes it look more natural. And the alien is pretty cool :D

That black crowntail is amazing O.O
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:10 AM   #3 
Pitluvs

I have a few plants in there, I was thinking it was still bare honestly! I will eventually switch to silk plants when I can find decent ones online, but the girls love it. The top has duckweed and a huge IAL leaf which they love to explore.
I'll end up changing up the alien theme, I figured for now it was quick and easy. Spidey flares at the decoration.
The black ct has the prettiest blue between the branches of her tail. She comes from an all female spawn. She THE boss.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:10 AM   #4 
Sakura8

Aww, your girls are so pretty! Poor Yuki and Suki. I know they'll be back to 100% in your care. Your tanks look awesome. I like your setup. I'm so glad you didn't quit the hobby after losing Carnage and Venom. They wouldn't have wanted you to quit either.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:12 AM   #5 
fightergirl2710

Now you look like you've been bettabugged! Lol! Spidey looks amazing! And the girls' tank looks great! Are the 2 twins his sisters? The VTs are all stressy, poor things. :( I love the cambo girl, she's so cute! I hope they all get nice and happy soon! :D
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:20 AM   #6 
Pitluvs

I hope the cambo girl pulls through, she's in pretty bad shape although she's swimming today! Our LPS had about 50 females in one tank, there are about 20 now. I've seen bodies :( The vt girls are so so small. The twins are Spideys sisters, both he and Kaida have that cute stripe down their backs. No more bettas for me, I'm done!

Thank you Sakura! If it were not for those two, I would not have taken in and healed 5 bettas and adopted another.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:08 AM   #7 
fightergirl2710

Lol! Yeah... Sure, no more.. Sounds familiar.. >_>
The cambo girl did look like she was having trouble and the blue girl is so stripey.. Poor things. :( Spidey and sisters are drooooolworthy! :D
Old 09-22-2011, 01:07 PM   #8 
Pitluvs

The cambo girl is getting better by the day, she's in 1/2 tap per gallon salt. I'm going to up her dose today. Lavender girl has no stripes today!!

Question, what do you feed females? My girls won't touch pellets, so we're feeding Omega One flakes and frozen food for now. The little females gobble it up like they never ate before. Being lowest on the chain at the LPS, I am sure they haven't had a chance to eat regularly. Lavender girl looks bigger already.

Looks like black ct is boss, blue crashing marble is second and poor little blue dragon is lowest. I'm keeping an eye on her. Black ct is saucy!

And seriously, no more this time. I said no more before out of comfort and fear but we made it work with the girls. Now if I got more, I'll be overwhelmed and care would reflect. My tank isn't big enough for more girls, and no spare tanks. We're sticking with the 1.5gs for the boys instead of using the divided tanks, reduces temptation.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:16 PM   #9 
fightergirl2710

Lol! Good idea XD
None of my bettas eat pellets. :( They only eat bloodworms (freeze dried or live) and shrimp... Spoiled brats.. >_>
Get a breeder box or do what i do, cut the bottom and top off of a 2 ltr soda bottle and whenever a girl is being to mean put her in there.. That'll learn 'er to beat up 'er roomies! Lol! With sororities you literally have to condition the girls to live with one another.. Its like Pavlov's dog.. I noticed that even a few days of separating one girl from the rest turns her into the same aggressive creature from before.. -__-