If, after following Banicks and Sena's advice, it is still very high, then check your sourcewater. You may have ammonia in your taps, in which case I recommend purchasing SeaChem Prime or AmmoLock to reduce it to ammonium, which is not toxic to fish.
Edit: Oh okay, I apparently type slowly, lol
Edit #2: If it is your tap water (that is VERY bad), then I recommend either grabbing some plants (like anacharis) or buying SPRING water to dilute it with. So fill half your tanks with tap water and half with spring water. Or whatever you need to bring it down to normal.
Last edited by bahamut285; 09-22-2011 at 06:45 PM.