Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-03-2011, 09:30 PM   #1 
Larsa

Natusko is gone :(

Hello all, I really hoped that I wouldnt have to post anything this part of the forums for a long long time.

I lost my beautiful mermaid girl suddenly overnight from a mysterious illness that was extremely sudden. It happened so fast in 12 hours. I just checked on her in her quarantine cup. Literally 12 hours ago she was perfectly fine! Then, she just couldnt move most of her body like she was paralyzed. She had no symtoms of any disease I could think of besides being legarthic. I really hope it wasnt tuberculosis. My girls' are kinda swimming around as if they are looking for her. Sakura, her long distant sister, stayed next to her until she passed. Well, after that she still stayed next to her until I removed Natsuko's cup. Sakura is swimming around like she is upset. Im also so upset and crying right now I might have to call in work. I cant believe shes gone. I did my very best to stay with her and keep her healthy today- getting no sleep. I am thinking about having her creamated and keeping her ashes in a small jar.

Everyone can see her and enjoy her in the happy days by going here:

http://www.bettafish.com/album.php?albumid=2400
Attached Images

Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:52 AM   #2 
Larsa

Anyone there? :( Idk if I am gonna cremate her or bury her. I live in an apt so I have no backyard so need some help deciding fast. Please please no I am not gonna throw her away or flush her down the toilet. She meant a LOT to me :'(
Old 10-04-2011, 10:52 AM   #3 
Indyfishy

I am sooooo sorry for your loss, losing pets is always a heart breaker =( I don't know if it's possible to cremate a fish, but one thing you could do is bury her in soil in a pot and plant flowers over her.
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:40 AM   #4 
Larsa

thanks :) I wrapped her in some tp and napkins, and put that in a tightly sealed baby food jar. I live in an apt complex but I have a bush in front of my window. I crept outside with a spoon and burried her jar :p When i move into a house I hope to take her with me and bury her in my yard with a stone on top :)
Old 10-04-2011, 11:50 AM   #5 
sarahbeth1976

I am so sorry for the loss of your girl. And I am glad you gave her a proper burial. Bettas , I believe, have souls/spirits & * should* be disposed of with dignity when they die.
sarahbeth1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:52 PM   #6 
aurasoulful

Good idea with the jar. Again, sorry for your loss and she was lucky to have you and her sisters :(
aurasoulful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:56 PM   #7 
Trobar

Sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful lady and a burial seems much better than a flush or cremation.
Trobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:52 AM   #8 
Larsa

thank you all for your condolences. It really helps me get over the fact shes gone. I am in serious shock! @o@

LOL yeah I would NEVER flush my babies down the toilet!!!!!!! :( never ever ever ever ever. I put too much love and time into raising each of my fish, they are the closest thing I have to children. LOL no, they are my children! I have a really sick one right now who has had septicemia for a while now and another with potential popeye- the one on my avatar.

I wanted to cremate her and put her ashes in a cute teenee jar but I live in a "preppy" community where everyone is noisy and stingy about their property and the police are CRAZY here... I would have to burn her outside because I have emergency sprinklers in my apt that set off even if I burn something in the microwave!!! LOLz like my cookies...

Last edited by Larsa; 10-06-2011 at 04:00 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:16 AM   #9 
sarahbeth1976

Awwww. I know how you feel...my " critters" ARE my children. { IN addition to Argo, my Betta Boy, I have a dog.

I am sorry two of your other betta babies are sick. :O( I am sending them lots of love.
sarahbeth1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:50 AM   #10 
Larsa

thanks :) I really really really think something is in the city water right now...like seriously!! I looked out the window as I passed by some lakes and rivers and they have tons and tons of algea!!! Maybe some remaining bacteria is getting in the tap water because everything in my apt is clean. I use prime conditioner ever water change. all of my fish are showing signs of popeye :( I give their tanks enough water changes too!!! IDK whats going on T-T this is so stressfull!!

Last edited by Larsa; 10-06-2011 at 08:55 AM.