Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-22-2011, 10:45 PM   #11 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaMiah View Post
Really sorry to say, no cories or neons. The Corys need 10 gallons each because they are actually really active. But you COULD get 4 Dwarf Corys. Just not the big normal ones.

Neons need a school of 6 minimum, and need 15 gallons. They are VERY, VERY active and need excellent water quality, which is harder to get in a 10 gallon.

You could get some ghost shrimp, 2 african dwarf frogs, and 4 dwarf cory catfish.
What I am reading from many sites is tanks from 20-24in which is anything from 10g to 20g, group sizes are taken into account. Smaller numbers of six can do fine in 10g but larger groups are preferred in 15g-20g tanks.
Neons are very fragile fish that should not be added to new tanks, but mature setups that have been cycled for a while. The size of the tank isn't the problem here, but rather the age of the tank being used :)
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:52 PM   #12 
tsukiowns

yeah im liking it more than the community
tsukiowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:32 PM   #13 
BettaMiah

Yes you could spilt it 3 ways. But no other fish. But in each section you could get a few ghost shrimp or a snail.

The frogs are cute. How dare you!
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:32 PM   #14 
Bambi

I would divide tank in half and buy a second betta. 2 happy betta with five gallons each would look nice. Bettas swim more side to side then up and down so dividing 3 ways would kind of scrunch up that space?
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:59 PM   #15 
tsukiowns

@Bambi
i think im doing that because i dont have time to build two dividers+ empty a 10g tank in a college dorm+ wait 2 days to dry+ cycle etc....
i can buy the hanging ones get 1 decor split my plants and get a betta i think im going crowntail this time (eventhough i love hm its hard to tell from a petsmart mi supposed HM ended up a delta i felt like calling back but i love Tsuki he is a gorgeous young mustard gas) and maybe a shrimp... no frogs they are gross sorry BettaMiah... i still would like more fish but two betta is enough bio load
tsukiowns is offline   Reply With Quote