Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-30-2011, 05:02 PM   #1 
Maryrox247

Question Question for people that live in England. (or know the area well)

(In advance this is just stating what i have READ not entirely my opinion. I am sure england is an EPIC place and that is why i would like to be an exchange student there. I am just plainly stating what i have read. Thanks!)Hi. I was thinking about being a foreign exchange student to London, England or any other England city. However, one thing is pulling me towards not going. Terrorists. I have read in the news that England is somewhere that Americans shouldn't even visit or vacation in right now due to the government being very symmpathetic towards them, large communities of terrorists in london, etc. So I'm very scared now. So for those of you who live in England (London especially) is it safe for Americans? As safe as the US regarding this issue?Again, I honestly have NO intention offend anyone im just stating what i have read and im really a little scared. Thank you very much!
Maryrox247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:54 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I've never heard that London wasn't safe for Americans. We have terrorists in the U.S as well. If you want to know anything about London, pm Willow .She lives there. She's been a member here longer than I have and she's a very sweet person.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:28 PM   #3 
fightergirl2710

You should never ever come to India then! Lol! J/k..
I have some family staying in London, they're not American but they're happy there. And Indians are usually discriminated against quite easily in most countries. There has been some turmoil because of the economy and lack of employment but I think overall it doesn't matter what country you're from because that problem is everywhere right now. :/
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:43 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think I mentioned before that we had an Indian couple living in my neighborhood and people in my neighborhood were so prejudiced! They were doctors and good people. Kavitha, the woman was an internal medicine doctor and always asked about my mom whenever she saw me. She knew my mom is diabetic. Her husband Srini was a cardiologist.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:48 PM   #5 
fightergirl2710

Yeah, I remember you telling me. They seemed sweet. :) And that was really sad. :( But then I'm not big on the immigration scene, my country is my home, I don't think I could be comfortable elsewhere. I know way too many people who've left good jobs like doctors and bank managers to work in a 7/11(that's how it's written?) in the US. Just because it's the USA. And sometimes Indians get good jobs, like your neighbours and then people there get jealous and there's a lot of crazy going on. I'll be happier here doing something I love than working in a McDs somewhere and hating it. :(
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:06 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

My Mom thinks I'm crazy but I think people here aren't very friendly to me because I have a Spanish last name/. No, I'm not crazy, this kind of crap happens all the time.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:09 PM   #7 
diablo13

People actually comment on me because i'm too white -____- just goes to show wherever you are, if you aren't " Normal" everybody thinks your weird.
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:21 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

Just in case someone misunderstands, when I said "here" I meant where I live, not here on the forum. lol
Old 10-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #9 
Maryrox247

Thanks for the replies! I'll definitely contact Willow. My grandma keeps telling me that she is scared to death to travel by plane especially out of country so I'm going to have to do whatever I can to get a scholarship and convince her. Thanks again!
Maryrox247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:54 PM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

I've travelled to Europe since 9-11 and felt perfectly safe. We went through security twice at the Frankfurt airport. Everyone was very nice. I hope you get to go. It would be a fantastic experience for you.