Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-22-2011, 09:58 PM   #1 
bettarainbow

A relative stole one of my orange dragon hmplakat

Last saturday, we were having a birthday party at my house here in Bakersfield. That was my mom birthday. We have a bunch of people who came, family, relatives and some friends.
After they were all gone, i was feeding my fishes the next day, i noticed a fish was missing. That was an orange dragon hmplakat male i bought from a Thai breeder few months ago. He was an awesome fish, see picture.
I didnt know who could possibly took him away. I though maybe he jump out of his jar, impossible because all my jars have a cover. I was really depressed.
Yesterday i went to my uncle house in Fresno, my cousin was not home and i look around his room, i saw a super orange dragon in a 5g tank, look exactly the same like mine.
I could not believe that a relative will steal a betta, he could just ask me and i will give him one, but no, he took it without asking my permission.
Plus, he is only 16, just a teen.
I was so mad, i was going to tell his dad which is my uncle, then i said no, i will think about it.

I cant trust that guy anymore, whenever he come to my house, i will have to lock my room and my fish room.
What do you think i should do ??
Attached Images

bettarainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:04 PM   #2 
Indyfishy

.............. TELL ON HIM!!!! it's not like he stole your xbox or something, he stole your pet!!!!!! He should be in major trouble for this, if it was my cousin he would be SOOOO dead!!!!! plus, if he steals once and gets away with it, then he's more likely to do it again later. And next time it might be someone who's not family, who could press charges. PLUS that is an expensive fish!!!! please please pleasseeeee tell on him, i'll do it for you!!!!!!! jeez this kind of thing makes me SO MAD.

Last edited by Indyfishy; 09-22-2011 at 10:12 PM.
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:05 PM   #3 
Creat

Take the fish back no matter what age or even if their family who knows what else they might steal now.... I would tell the parents and just take the fish when they arent there... stealing is wrong no matter if its just a fish.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:14 PM   #4 
cajunamy
Banned

Definitely tell your uncle and take your fish back. So very wrong on so many levels.
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:54 PM   #5 
MinibotLove

Well you might ask your uncle where the fish came from before you start tossing allegations. Did your cousin steal or - or did your Uncle steal it For your cousin? Check his story first, if he doesn't know, offer pictures of your fish and explain he went missing the day of the party. If he says he bought him, then go to your parents and tell them and get their backup on recovering your fish. It's not right to steal, especially living creatures that will be stressed by the rehoming and especially if they don't know how to properly care for him.

It's your pet, your property, and they had no right to take it from you especially without some sort of compensation for an expensive fish imported overseas!
MinibotLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:28 AM   #6 
bettarainbow

It cant be my uncle cause he was working that day. I know for sure it is mine, i even took a video with my mini flip camera and i showed it to my bro, and he confirmed with me that dragon belong to me. I dont think he know how to care for that fish, he throw the dragon with his angel fishes. I dont know if those angels are peaceful fish or they are aggressive.
You know, asian people are different, even for small detail like this can become big story. My bro said to let it go and forget about it.
I think i will try to email him and ask him to bring the fish back and end of the story.
bettarainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:45 AM   #7 
Indyfishy

Angel fish are very aggressive, and the betta could be tearing fins off the angels as well. It's up to you, but it's not right what your cousin did, and since he threw it in with angels it's pretty obvious that he doesn't know how to take care of it. And this was a very expensive fish that you paid good money for and took time to acclimate. No matter what culture you're from, stealing is wrong and there should be consequences for things like that.
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:11 AM   #8 
Bambi

Tell the uncle and get it back, or bring up the fact you paid goodmoney to get it from Thailand and it /is/ sue worthy and athorties can be called is you can pictures and videos.

You live in bakersfield? So close to me. xD(i'm in lancaster). I hope you get your fish back safe and sound.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:49 AM   #9 
Pitluvs

I would tell your parents and have the adults sort it out (unsure of your age, but the parents sort it out haha). This is wrong and your cousin needs to know stealing is not ok. But if it were me, I'd steal the fish back and then see what he does. I like messing with people though, cause how is he gonna know you took him unless he took the fish from you?
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:51 AM   #10 
teasell

I would confront your cousin. Let him know you want this particular fish back and offer him one that you feel you can let go. Also teach him to take care of the fish a win win situation for both. Saves him from being embarrassed and you get your fish back and you won't feel so angry at him
teasell is offline   Reply With Quote