Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-23-2011, 02:56 AM   #11 
Kytkattin

i would have taken the fish back as soon as I saw it. I would worry that he would try to hide the evidence and flush the fish or something like that. Then I would have told his parents. Heck, I would actually press charges. No offense to any teenage boys on here, but i would worry he stole the fish in order to fight it, especially since it is a pk.
I mean, I don't know his personality, but if this isn't nipped now (and who is to say he hasn't been stealing other things?) then what would he start stealing next? Or if he did steal it to fight it, when will he start fighting roosters and dogs? This shouldn't be made into a game.

And if the fish should mysteriously disappear from his house now, he should have to pay full price of a replacement.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:08 AM   #12 
fightergirl2710

I would have just taken it back without telling anyone.. It sounds weird but that way he can't come and ask you "did you take my fish?" because he knows in the first place that he stole it from you. Everything just hushes over that way in my opinion.. But you would have to be careful getting it back.. I realise it sounds wrong because you're basically stealing it back but then it was yours in the first place.. Its good as long as you don't get caught. (I'm not saying you should do this, this is what I would have done..) I have an Asian family too so I know keeping things under wraps creates less trouble than accusing and pointing fingers, relatives tend to blow up at nothing lol! I really hope you get your betta back one way or another..
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:31 AM   #13 
Leeniex

That's just insane. You need to get your fish back.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:07 AM   #14 
Luimeril

confront them. go there a day both he and your uncle are home, and confront them. bring your parents, depending on your age, and let them know before hand what happened and what you want to do. it's wrong to steal a fish, especially one that's so expensive(importing fish is expensive, no matter how much you pay for the fish itself!).
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:04 AM   #15 
fightergirl2710

I don't know.. Confronting them would stir up a lot of conflict.. At least it would in my family.. I say talk to your parents, let them decide what to do.. Make sure they understand how expensive that fish was.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:35 AM   #16 
Luimeril

well, i don't mean going over there and saying 'you stole my fish, give him back now'. i mean, talk to the parents first, then, with their help, go over there and talk to the uncle and cousin. tell the whole truth, that before the party you had him, after the party he was gone, then you saw the fish in the cousin's tank with the angels. if you have receipts, show them. if you have before pics, show them. i'm sure the parents know about the fish, depending on how old the OP is. i'm forever taking photos of my fish, and i know everyone on here does as well. i'd be so proud of such a beautiful boy, he'd forever be assaulted by the paparazzi. lol

either way, i hope the fish returns home safely. x:
Old 09-23-2011, 09:44 AM   #17 
fightergirl2710

I know what you mean Luimeril, I didn't mean you said that either... All I'm saying is its not that easy. :/
I've had relatives stop talking to my family because my gma asked them about a bag of cashew nuts that went missing, she didn't even accuse them (although they had taken it) she just asked... They got so mad that they haven't spoken to us for 10 years lol!
Old 09-23-2011, 09:49 AM   #18 
Luimeril

i know how that is. :/ my older brother was dating this nasty gal, who got him into drugs and such, and they got their kids taken. my mom got custody of my niece, my aunt their newborn twins(who she later adopted, so they're my cousin-nieces?). almost all of my mom's family were on their side, so.... i haven't talked to my aunts or cousins in..... 7 years? Xd all over a bad apple. *shrugs*

but, not every familiy's like ours. if there's that much proof(fish there before party, missing after, rare-colored, rare-tailed betta, identical to missing one, suddenly in cousin's tank), then there's nothing they can do, other than give the fish back, punish the son, ect. x:

i mean, orange bettas are rare(and i'm lucky enough to own a pure orange). orange dragons are rare-er. orange dragon HMPKs are literally impossible to find in pet stores. you literally can NOT find them in pet stores. Pet Lovers gets rare bettas, but i've NEVER seen an orange dragon of ANY tail type there. he can't say he bought it at a pet store.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:53 AM   #19 
TielBird101

O.o If that were my cousin, he'd have already been pummeled! But yeah, you should talk to your parents and go over there and confront him. Like someone said, if he gets away with it once he'll think he can keep on stealing. And SOON! If angelfish are that aggressive, your betta could be in danger.
TielBird101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:56 AM   #20 
fightergirl2710

True.. We'll find out what they'll do soon enough. Lol! But seriously, if it were me I would have taken that fish in a baggy of water hid it in my clothes and ran home with the excuse of violent diarrhea XD