Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-23-2011, 10:49 AM   #1 
trumpet4life375

my betta jumped out of her tank

I was feeding my sorority today and i had just got done feeding my betta khloe and was moving on to the others when she decided to get anxious and jumped out of her tank and onto the floor. i was in shock for about 3 seconds, then i ran to get a towel so i could pick her up and put her back in the tank. all in all she was out for maybe 7 seconds. shes swimming around and acting okay now, but will she be okay? is there anything i should do to help her out or do i just wait? i just want my baby to be okay..
trumpet4life375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:00 AM   #2 
fightergirl2710

She should be fine but you will need to quarantine her for a few days to prevent secondary infections. Maybe get her into a 1 gallon, put in some conditioned water with 1tsp/gallon aquarium salt and let her be in there for 5 days.. And keep up with water changes. The salt will help her produce slime coat which keeps fish healthy and which gets rubbed off when they are touched by something dry.
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote