Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-24-2011, 09:57 PM   #21 
Vanah

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePWNISHER View Post
wow, quick post vanah. I didn't even get mine done and yours slipped in there. yah I'm definitly using it as an excuse for assassin snails.
*ninja poster*

LOL Seriously though this thread reminded me of a question I've been meaning to research up on, which is how to tell the "good" snails from the true pests. From what I've found the most common 'infestations' seem to come from pond snails, nerites, or ramshorns. The ones at TPA are so tiny but I figure that's because they're babies. I'm wishing I'd known more when I bought those plants so I could have gotten a close look at the shell shapes.
Vanah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:08 PM   #22 
thePWNISHER

Really its Ramshorn and Pond snails, They both are hermaphordites and can breed asexually when necessary. So really if you get only one. You can have a tank full in no time with enough nutrients. Those two are not pests when you want an excellant cleaning crew of algae, dead plant matter and leftover fish food. Some people just don't like to have hundreds of them in their tank. They can be an eyesore in those kinds of numbers. Loaches, puffers and assasin snails eat them so they are nice to have in large amounts in those tanks but without any predators they get really out of hand fast. I've squished every one I've seen in my 29g and everyday there is a new one. I don't see any eggs but I know they are out there. I'll just get me some ninja snails to assassinate them. :)
thePWNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:15 PM   #23 
Vanah

Awww you changed your icon~ That old picture cracked me up.

But that's a pretty CT, and that's coming from someone who's not that big on CT. I presume that's Monster?
Vanah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:19 PM   #24 
thePWNISHER

yes it is. I would love to keep my old avatar but I'm too happy for my petco rescue. It seems everyday his fins are getting thicker and longer. He is growing still so I wonder how big he will get.
thePWNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:16 AM   #25 
Sena Hansler

He is a really nice looking betta.... That's a cool color combo :D
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote