Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-23-2011, 02:43 PM   #1 
tsukiowns

Talking thinking of putting 3 males in my 10 g tank

ok so before anything yea they will have dividers how ever i have no clue of where to buy 2 affortable dividers that will confertably fit in my aquarium i have a 10g marina tank can some one tell me or help me on this matter plz....
tsukiowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:57 PM   #2 
Anitax3x

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....hlight=divided
I just did that and if u look at the replies you find the tutorial on how i made the dividers :) it takes like no more than $12 to make them ,
Anitax3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:07 PM   #3 
betta dude

thats not a bad idea tsukiowns
betta dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:39 PM   #4 
Bambi

You can make dividers for a couple bucks using the plastic craft mesh. Don't buy the ones from petsmart, the one i got was warped and kept bending out and letting my fish mix.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:46 PM   #5 
tsukiowns

thank you betta dude.. yeah i think is safer than a community and more interesting... And Anita i like the idea of making them but i need something to hold them my tank does not come with a plastic rim attached to the tank so i have no slots to put them in
Old 09-23-2011, 06:56 PM   #6 
Pataflafla

The only problem I've experience with a twice divided 10 gallon is that one of my portions has always caused tail biting, for whatever reason. I don't know if the two that have been in that portion were just too aggressive for a divided tank or what, but it's a 2/2 experience in that portion. I've been covering the whole tank with a towel at night to try and stop it, and so far, combined with a female in the middle, it seems to be working.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:16 PM   #7 
tsukiowns

i plan to put heavy fauna in near the dividers to recreat natural terratory marking hope it works if not i have an extra tank i can use to separate them if necessary... what im findign hard is that this is a new tank has been runing for over a week or two and having to empy it out seems like a pain since i live in a dorm in college and the tank is 10g
Old 09-23-2011, 07:23 PM   #8 
Pataflafla

It does tend to be difficult. You could maybe try cycling (I don't know if filter is necessary or not) to make it easier or just to a 50% one week and a 100% the next?

I do a 90% weekly on mine just because I feed a lot so they poop a lot. And because I feed krill and meal worm so there's always bits of it down at the bottom that I don't want them to eat.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:30 PM   #9 
EverythingNice55

Good idea! You can buy dividers on the internet (I recommend buying them on bettafish.com, not ebay) or at your local pet store. I am sure that they have some. I believe they sell deviders at Wal-Mart, PetSmart, Petco, Big Al's etc. I recommend buying from this website though! Good luck!

P.S. When I saw the title, I FREAKED. I thought you were going to put 3 males TOGETHER!! LOL!
EverythingNice55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:44 PM   #10 
tsukiowns

P.S. When I saw the title, I FREAKED. I thought you were going to put 3 males TOGETHER!! LOL![/quote]

yeah i needed a title to catch ppls attention thought it was witty but i know better...