Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-24-2011, 08:00 PM   #11 
BettaMiah

Yeah, you could divide it 4 ways. That just means a better filter and more water changes! 3 ways is safer though.
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:54 PM   #12 
tsukiowns

yeah i have a a link for a simple one check it out it seem to work and i will be doing this soon.... too like tomorrow here is the link
http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/d...ividers-21866/
good luck and happy dividing i have a question to ask for this because im also doing it very soon
will my 15g slim power filter work wellif in max power the water will cross the tank in a section when in a corner will this do? i really dont want to cut my hood
tsukiowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:04 PM   #13 
Vanah

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukiowns View Post
yeah i have a a link for a simple one check it out it seem to work and i will be doing this soon.... too like tomorrow here is the link
http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/d...ividers-21866/
good luck and happy dividing i have a question to ask for this because im also doing it very soon
will my 15g slim power filter work wellif in max power the water will cross the tank in a section when in a corner will this do? i really dont want to cut my hood
I actually had that same filter in mine and I have to say I don't think it did that great of a job, and mine was in the middle. Only the center section ever looked clear. I prefer underwater filters for tanks with dividers because more of the water gets circulated within the tank that way.
Vanah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:37 PM   #14 
tsukiowns

was urs a marina filter too
Old 09-25-2011, 02:29 AM   #15 
Vanah

Yep! Marina S15 Power Filter. Nice filter, just didn't work great with dividers. And if you were to turn it up to high I can pretty much guarantee you the the fish in that section would be unhappy anyway. Betta dislike strong currents.

I use this: http://www.amazon.com/Hagen-A465-Flu...6931764&sr=8-2 Placed properly you can direct the flow away from the fish's main swimming area. It's pricey but the overall maintenance costs are lower, and the absence of carbon is not an issue with a small 10G tank, especially for betta who need frequent water changes anyway.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:41 AM   #16 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaMiah View Post
Yeah, you could divide it 4 ways. That just means a better filter and more water changes! 3 ways is safer though.
The filter for my 10g is meant for a 6g, I have a filter media in there, but it's main purpose it to rotate the water so the the tank doesn't get cold spots. I do a 50% water change once a week, and a 100% water change every two weeks. It's a piece of cake compared to the 50%once a week and 5%-10% every other day water changes to my 48g aquarium, and a 5g bucket helps XD

The small changes in my 48 are just to pick up food debris because those guys are the messiest eaters O.O
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:04 AM   #17 
Gizmothefreaky

I have had tens divided in both three and four sections... And i have to say i like it moth ways... IMHO divided four ways is just fine as far as space goes... And i have had some pretty big bettas in a four way divided tank...

Here is one of my tanks when it was divided four ways:

And then my rack of tens divided three ways:

It all depends on your personal taste... :)

btw, i dont actually use filters in my betta tanks, i just do more water changes... I also mix carbon right into the substrate.
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:04 AM   #18 
Vanah

Oh snap! I had no idea those storage shelving units could support a 10G, let alone three... How on earth do you get away with no tops though, even with the shelf in the way? My guys are buttheads and jump into the other sections when I lift the cover to feed the one next to them. I have to keep a net ready. Luckily no fights have ensued or even flaring; they're too busy wanting food to care.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:20 PM   #19 
Gizmothefreaky

lol! I have never had that problem to be honest. The only times my boys have gotten at eachother have been when the divider got knocked down when i wasnt home, or the time my two year old pushed them over in the bottom tank on that rack... lol!

And yeah, that rack was from a goodwill too, i dont know what brand it is, but ten gallons is only a hundred pounds or so, i believe, and most of those shelving units are rated for a couple hundred pounds on each shelf.
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 02:47 PM   #20 
tsukiowns

yeah i have a plan t keep the water nice with my tank.... i plan to put 3-4 live plants in the farthest one away from mytank and then 2-3 live plants in the middle along with the heater and the one with the filter will have 1-2 and some fake ones buffering the current so i can put the flow higher.. hope it works.. i still need to get the craft mesh and the binder dividers to separate my tank and Gizmotherfreaky ur tanks are very nice