Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-10-2011, 01:31 AM   #11 
Bombalurina

I just want to add a note of caution if you ever get shrimp. I love my sand to pieces, but I have it in a 16 gallon community that includes a RCS breeding colony. I vaccuum it every single morning and by the evening, it's covered in shrimp poo again. It's looks very beautiful clean, but for me it is so much more work than gravel.
Then again, in a shrimpless tank, this probably isn't an issue. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:28 AM   #12 
elijahfeathers

I wanted sad but I wasn't sure if I wanted to commit to buying a ton for my tanks. So I got a new little 2.5 gallon and I bought 1 bag of black sand from a pet store. It took three days to settle and at first it looked really terrible. But the air bubbles are gone now and I'm starting to really like the look of it, and getting used to doing water changes with it. lol c: I like it.
elijahfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:21 AM   #13 
TL1000RSquid

Quote:
Originally Posted by elijahfeathers View Post
I wanted sad but I wasn't sure if I wanted to commit to buying a ton for my tanks. So I got a new little 2.5 gallon and I bought 1 bag of black sand from a pet store. It took three days to settle and at first it looked really terrible. But the air bubbles are gone now and I'm starting to really like the look of it, and getting used to doing water changes with it. lol c: I like it.

caribsea tahitian black? I have that in one of my tanks and it did take a day or so to settle even though i rinsed it good before putting it in the tank. My local fish store sells sand I think called "Natural Wonders" thats pretty clean no rinsing and was clear off the bat along with being 1/3 the price of the caribsea stuff.
TL1000RSquid is offline   Reply With Quote